Senior Software Engineer, Growth (Hybrid)
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
As a Homie, you are a bar raiser, this means you come with:
- 5+ years of Web Software Engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience in MVC software framework: Ruby and Rails or experience with a full-stack backend framework such as Spring and proven ability to learn new frameworks and languages.
- Formidable Unit testing experience (with RSpec a plus)
- Best practices handling integrations with 3rd party vendors (error handling, API Interface development)
- Amplitude Experience a plus
- Expert understanding of object-oriented software design and design patterns, and how they apply to the frameworks listed above
- Expert understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering disciplines or equivalent required
- Able to compare various languages and frameworks objectively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Git, GitHub, and development using pull requests.
- Ability to collaborate in office weekly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
As a Homie, you will make an impact by:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design and implement software solutions that enhance the value of the Homebase software platform and impact the lives of our customers. You will play a prominent technical role in our engineering practice.
- You’ll drive product engineering end-to-end for the web and API software components that make up our product platform.
- You will contribute to the evolution of our current engineering strategy and development process.
- Your task will be to build a variety of web software applications and advance our existing software architecture, as well as continue to extend our existing APIs
- You will have the opportunity to impact our software architecture by evaluating emerging and existing technologies
- You will work on your own with little supervision and mentor junior software engineers
- You will work very closely with product and design, iterating through different solutions from a product and design perspective, and tie everything back to engineering costs
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- 401(k) program + 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 20 days of accrued PTO, annual paid holidays and paid volunteer time off
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account (FSA) options
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant work spaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team
- Meet the Hiring Manager
- Participate in a Technical Interview
- Meet the Leadership team
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase:
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!About Us:
Welcome to the exciting world of Homebase in Monterrey, Mexico! We are looking for passionate individuals like you to join our unstoppable team of developers. Can you imagine being one of the first members of this adventure?
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
Concerned about working in a fully remote company? Don't worry, we have big plans for you! Our goal is to create a hybrid team that will work together two days a week in the San Pedro area of Monterrey. Just imagine the opportunities to learn and grow, both personally and professionally, while collaborating with exceptional colleagues in an inspiring space.
So, if you're ready to join an exciting adventure and make an impact in the world of technology, now is the perfect time to become part of our team in Monterrey! Apply today and be a part of the future we are building together at Homebase!
**Interview Recording Notice
By participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.