Principal Product Manager, Financial Services (Hybrid)
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?As a Homie, you are a bar raiser, this means you come with:
- Passion and skill to build not good but great product experiences
- Customer-centricity in running product research and developing hypotheses
- Business mindset to align product opportunities to business outcomes
- Analytical thinking to research and analyze qualitative and quantitative data
- Consistency in planning, prioritizing, and delivering outcomes
- Attitude to build a great company for us and our customers
- Experience doing all of these things in a high-growth company
- Ability to collaborate in office weekly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
As a Homie, you will make an impact by:
As Principal Product Manager for Financial Services, you’ll craft financial experiences to meet the specific needs of our ecosystem of 2M+ hourly employees. You will synthesize unique insights from our suite of core products (e.g. time clock, scheduling, payroll) to tailor exceptional financial products like Cash Out, Earnings, and Banking that help hourly workers get paid as they work and save overtime, without having to wait for their paychecks to arrive!
Ultimately, this candidate will help our employees lead better lives in addition to creating opportunities for our Homebase employers to have a competitive advantage in building and retaining an unstoppable team.
You will partner closely with design, engineering, business operations, and operations team members to define the future of employees’ financial wellness. This is an individual contributor role and will report to the Director of Product, Employee Experiences.
You'll be successful if you bring:
- 8+ years of data-driven PM experience with 3+ years in consumer-facing products
- The drive to take ownership and the hunger to learn and grow
- Ability to take a unique software product from 0 to n for millions of users
- Empathy and care for the livelihoods of small business owners and hourly workers
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with cross-functional stakeholders
- Outstanding communication skills
- Bonus: FinTech, lending/credit, banking background
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- Competitive group health benefits coverage for you and your eligible dependents
- Group Investments, TFSA as well as an RRSP plan which offers a 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Company-paid holidays and 20 days accrued PTO per year
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid parental leave after 1-year of service
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Meals provided at our vibrant workspaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homie
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team
- Meet the Hiring Manager, Jae L.
- Meet with the VP of Product & Design, Sharad G.
- Meet with the Senior Manager of Engineering, Steve K.
- Meet with a member of the Design team, Deepti P.
- Present a product from your past experience
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!About Us
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
**Interview Recording NoticeBy participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.