Senior Manager Product Design, Growth and Monetization (Hybrid)
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
Why We Need You
We are looking for a Product Design leader who wants to make a difference in the lives of the small business owners and employees we serve. You’ll report to our Head of Product Design and be a crucial part of growing our design culture and practice at Homebase.
You’ll manage a small team of individual contributors, and will ensure the team balances quality and speed in deliverables. You’ll support their career growth and provide clear, directional coaching to help them do the best work of their careers. You’ll assist with overall Design headcount planning, balancing your team’s allocation to support company goals.
You prioritize a positive, inclusive work culture, and you know that our strength lies in building a team with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. You know that when designers feel part of a bigger whole, they can work wonders.
You’ll be on point for communicating design & product strategy – to your team, to your peers, and to your stakeholders. You’ll influence org-wide processes to drive great outcomes for our customers, and will set a high quality bar for what we ship.
You’ll take a leadership role in design critique and help create the long-term vision for the Homebase Design Team, influencing your colleagues through qualitative and quantitative data as well as generally-accepted best practices.
The ideal candidate has a background in designing for growth and monetization in SaaS products while maintaining a strong user-centered approach. When we design for our customer’s goals, motivations, and behaviors, we will increase our user base and help customers feel good about upgrading in our freemium model.
Experience & Attributes You Bring
- You’ve managed and built design teams in a consumer-grade SaaS environment.
- You facilitate great relationships between designers, product managers, and others.
- You’re comfortable working in an embedded model – meaning designers, PMs, and engineers work together to set strategy and execute.
- You have a strong history as an individual contributor, owning design projects from concept to implementation through sound research, discovery, collaboration, iteration, and partnering with Engineers during execution.
- You have the ability to clearly express your desired UX metrics and create a plan to develop and evaluate them.
- You demonstrate a sense of ownership and accountability for the team’s work and outcomes — the good and the bad.
- Have a learning mindset. You are intellectually curious with a desire to learn continuously.
- You demonstrate humility, knowing that our work isn’t about us; it’s about building in service to our customers. You share credit with team members and welcome collaboration, ideas, and feedback.
- 5+ years of experience in design management in a consumer-grade SaaS environment. Experience working on Growth and Monetization teams a huge plus.
- Significant experience leading customer discovery and user research efforts
- Formal education of some kind in user experience design — this doesn’t have to be a degree! Great design leaders get their experience in many ways and we value creative paths.
What We Offer
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- Comprehensive medical coverage for you and your eligible dependents - premiums 100% paid by Homebase!
- RRSP plan + 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Company-paid holidays and 20 days accrued PTO per year
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid parental leave
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant work spaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team
- Meet the Hiring Manager
- Present a product from your past experience
- Meet the Leadership team
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
**Interview Recording Notice
By participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.