QA Automation Engineer (Hybrid)
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
As a Homie, you are a bar raiser, this means you come with:
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance (QA) experience
- Experience coordinating priorities from multiple stakeholders
- Experience testing web, iOS, and Android applications
- Experience debugging web applications and APIs
- Experience writing automated test cases using Selenium or other automation tools
- Experience writing automated tests using Jira and Ruby
- Experience writing and executing queries in SQL
- Experience testing against APIs using tools like SoapUI, Postman, cURL, etc.
- Working knowledge of Git, Jira, and TestRail
- Possess an understanding of web-based technology
- Demonstrate analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize and work on multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to work on your own as well as effectively within a team environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
As a Homie, you will make an impact by:
You are an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst with a strong automation background who has a passion for ensuring high-quality products. You are hands-on and thrive in a performance-driven environment. You are both cogent and creative. You are customer-centric and passionate about helping small businesses. You balance a test and learn mindset with a passion for quality. You can set the strategy, execute the work, and analyze the results. You love a startup environment and getting your hands dirty while building out processes to enable hyper-growth.
The QA Automation Engineer will be dedicated to developing routine tests both manual and automated, designing, coordinating, and tracking the testing effort. This position requires deductive reasoning, attention to detail, grit, patience, and creativity. They will work with Developers, Data Engineers, and Product Managers to analyze, develop, maintain, and execute quality assurance testing procedures.
What We Offer
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- Comprehensive medical coverage for you and your eligible dependents - premiums 100% paid by Homebase!
- RRSP plan + 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Company-paid holidays and 20 days accrued PTO per year
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid parental leave
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant work spaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team Ivana L.
- Meet the Hiring Manager Amanda H.
- Meet the Team for a Product assessment Brandon L. and Alka
- Participate in a Technical Interview Sameer M. and Wes M.
- Meet the Leadership team Joseph P.
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
**Interview Recording Notice
By participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.