Customer Support Representative (Hybrid)
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
As a Homie, you are a bar raiser, this means you come with:
- Track record of achieving sales quotas (via phone support is a plus)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- 1+ years experience working in customer service (phone support, SaaS, or sales)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working or interacting with various web and mobile apps; you are considered "tech-savvy"
- Organizational skills and the ability to be at work on time for your scheduled shifts
- Enthusiasm to be a part of a dynamic and growing company full of opportunity and constant change
- The focus to ensure you are a self-starter who knows how to execute the assigned process.
As a Homie, you will make an impact by:
You’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment. You love talking to people and always put the customer first - whether via email, chat, or phone, your people skills and empathy shine through. You set big goals for yourself, work hard to accomplish them, and thrive in a performance-driven environment where your contributions are recognized.
As a Customer Success team member, you’ll work closely with our customers to help them get the most value from the Homebase product. You will be expected to ask discovery questions over the phone and via email to qualify customers' needs, recommend the best solution, and upsell during every customer interaction. Qualifying customers and helping them select the best plan is 1/2 the responsibility. The second part of the role enables our customers' success by ensuring they have completed the initial steps to customize their settings and get their team onboarded on the Homebase software. You will work closely with our Customer Support Enablement and Leadership team as they offer ongoing training to ensure you achieve all KPI’s.
- Understand customers' needs and identify sales opportunities
- Explain and demonstrate Homebase features and benefits
- Act as the first point of contact with Homebase customers via live chat, email, and phone
- Handle 45+ conversations a day and meet weekly KPI’s including Efficiency, CSAT, Call Time, and Upgrades
- Consistently utilize advanced listening, rapport, and closing skills
- Be an expert on all Homebase products and offerings, continuously updating your skill sets as our product offering improves/grows
- Actively participate in team meetings and training
- You’ve demonstrated that you can balance speed and quality, always keeping our customers’ needs central to your work
- You demonstrate a sense of ownership and accountability of the team’s work and outcomes — the good and the bad
- You have a learning mindset. You are intellectually curious with a desire to continuously learn and develop
- You demonstrate humility, knowing that our work isn’t about us; it’s about building in service to our customers. You share credit with team members and welcome collaboration, ideas, and feedback
What we offer our Homies:
- Houston only: This position has a base salary of $20 per hour with a target bonus opportunity of $10,400 per year. OTE $52,000
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- 401(k) program + 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 20 days of accrued PTO, annual paid holidays and paid volunteer time off
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account (FSA) options
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home Thursday & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant work spaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
- Meet the Talent Team with Alex V.
- Meet the Hiring Manager with Ashlee V. & MC C.
- Participate in a Sales & Service Assessment
- Meet the Leadership team with Lilly H. & Karelyn F.
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase:
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
**Interview Recording Notice:
By participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.