Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Hermeus is an aerospace and defense technology company founded to radically accelerate air travel by delivering hypersonic aircraft. The company aims to develop hypersonic aircraft quickly and cost-effectively by integrating hardware-rich, iterative development with modern computing and autonomy. This approach has been validated through design, build, and test of the company’s first combined turbojet-ramjet engine and is now being scaled through its first flight vehicle program, Quarterhorse. Hermeus is also developing Darkhorse — an uncrewed hypersonic aircraft designed to deliver unique asymmetric capabilities to the warfighter.
Hermeus Corporation is actively seeking a passionate and talented individual to join our expanding team as an Entry-Level Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst. As a pivotal member you will play a key role in monitoring and responding to security events across the Hermeus enterprise as well supporting the handling of Communications Security (COMSEC) material. This is a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in incident response, triage, investigations, and analysis while safeguarding hypersonic technology
- SOC Lifecycle: Handle SOC events from initial response to closing. Actively monitor the landscape for baseline deviations and abnormal activity. Work quickly to triage events through analysis and engaging with relevant parties. Identify gaps and report them for remediation.
- COMSEC Handling: Ensure the safeguarding of sensitive information by maintaining COMSEC keying material and records. Work and train with the Program Security Officer, Facility Security Officer, and others to enable business continuity and government compliance of sensitive projects.
- Collaborative Team Environment: Work closely with members of IT and Security to protect information and identify areas for improvement. Gain valuable insight and experience working in a hypersonic defense startup
- Working towards Bachelor’s degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or related field.
- Familiarity with security monitoring tools such as CrowdStrike, Datadog, Microsoft (Defender, Sentinel), AWS (Guard Duty, CloudWatch, Security Hub).
- Experience in a SOC and COMSEC experience highly preferred.
- Active clearance (TS/SCI preferred).
- Security+ Certification or equivalent to satisfy DoD 8570.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to support rapid incident response and resolution.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to evolving technologies.
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.