Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Hermeus is an aerospace and defense technology company founded to radically accelerate air travel by delivering hypersonic aircraft. The company aims to develop hypersonic aircraft quickly and cost-effectively by integrating hardware-rich, iterative development with modern computing and autonomy. This approach has been validated through design, build, and test of the company’s first combined turbojet-ramjet engine and is now being scaled through its first flight vehicle program, Quarterhorse. Hermeus is also developing Darkhorse — an uncrewed hypersonic aircraft designed to deliver unique asymmetric capabilities to the warfighter.
We are seeking a highly qualified and experienced Airworthiness Manager to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with both military and civil aviation regulations and requirements. The Airworthiness Manager will play a critical role in maintaining the airworthiness of our aircraft and business operations by overseeing all aspects of regulatory compliance and certification. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the airworthiness processes and procedures at Hermeus and work cross-functionally with all departments to successfully implement and execute airworthiness.
- Lead airworthiness for the organization, manage all aspects of airworthiness implementation, compliance, and execution.
- Plan and execute airworthiness for development of aircraft (documentation, compliance, authority coordination and review/approvals, etc).
- Develop and track certification basis and requirements for development of aircraft.
- Develop and implement airworthiness strategies, processes, and procedures in compliance with military and civil aviation regulations.
- Coordinate with regulatory authorities, certification agencies, and other external entities to obtain and maintain necessary approvals.
- Collaborate with engineering, manufacturing, test, and quality assurance teams to ensure that activities adhere to regulatory standards.
- Communicate and manage airworthiness tasking, tracking, status, and schedule to shareholders, executive management, and internal teams.
- Manage the documentation and record-keeping processes related to airworthiness compliance.
- Provide guidance and training to internal teams on airworthiness regulations and best practices.
- Conduct airworthiness assessments and audits to identify and address compliance issues.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM discipline [preferably in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, or related field)].
- Minimum of 6 years of airworthiness experience in aviation/aerospace industry.
- In-depth knowledge of military and civil aviation regulations and requirements.
- Experience in airworthiness management, preferably in both military and civil aviation environments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance.
- Master’s degree in STEM discipline [preferably in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, or related field)].
- Proven experience in executing airworthiness projects and obtaining and maintaining airworthiness certifications.
- Active U.S. Security Clearance.
- Experience as an FAA Designed Engineering Representative (DER).
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.