Trade Show and Events Manager
Atlanta, GA, USA · Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2023
Hermeus is an aerospace and defense technology company founded to radically accelerate air travel by delivering hypersonic aircraft. The company aims to develop hypersonic aircraft quickly and cost-effectively by integrating hardware-rich, iterative development with modern computing and autonomy. This approach has been validated through design, build, and test of the company’s first combined turbojet-ramjet engine and is now being scaled through its first flight vehicle program, Quarterhorse. Hermeus is also developing Darkhorse — an uncrewed hypersonic aircraft designed to deliver unique asymmetric capabilities to the warfighter.
We are seeking an experienced Trade Show and Events Manager to launch our face-to-face marketing efforts. The mission of the Trade Show and Events Manager will be to increase brand visibility, foster business connections, and enhance recruiting efforts. The ideal candidate will have a background in events marketing, trade shows, and general company events planning.
This is a chance to build our trade show and events function from the ground up and make an immediate impact at a fast-scaling startup. In this role, you will be on the front lines of our marketing efforts – shaping people’s first impression of Hermeus.
- Strategic Planning: Support the continuous development and execution of the stakeholder engagement program to effectively communicate the Hermeus brand at trade shows, conferences, and events that align with business and recruiting goals.
- Collaboration: Coordinate with cross-functional teams to plan events/exhibits, align goals, determine objectives. Develop strategic engagement plans with the communications team that support streamlined messaging and unified company presence. Coordinate and train staff members for each event, ensuring they are well-prepared to represent the company.
- Logistics and Budget Management: Manage pre-event logistics, staffing, budget management, creative implementation, and post-event follow-up. Amplify key content and messaging, manage resources, and orchestrate all elements across the pre- to post-show timelines. Oversee all aspects of event execution from booth design and setup to teardown. Manage the proposals, contracts, and invoices of all vendors, from start to finish. Build strong and strategic relationships with external vendors, associations, and industry partners.
- Lean in: Seek opportunities and take initiative to improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes, resource allocation, and any aspects of the stakeholder engagement program.
- 8+ years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 4 years relevant experience with Masters in related field.
- Proven experience in trade show and event coordination, particularly within the aerospace and defense industry.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple events simultaneously.
- Creative dynamic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven track record of successful event management with tangible results.
- Exceptional communication skills—both written and verbal. Experience with copy editing preferred.
- Self-starter, capable of taking ownership of the trade show and events domain.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Experience with aerospace, defense, and/or technical industry preferred.
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.