Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
As a Network Engineer at Hermeus you will be responsible for designing, installing, configuring, analyzing, and maintaining local and wide area networks. As part of the Information Team you will ensure growth, security, and scalability of all Hermeus networks as well as support cross-org needs for network engineering.
The Opportunity and How You'll Impact Hermeus:
- Designs, executes, and documents project plans for various network infrastructure projects. (Routing, Switching, Firewalls, VPNs, VoIP, WAN Circuits, Cloud Networking, etc.)
- Installs, supports, and maintains hardware and software infrastructure according to best practices.
- Research emerging technology trends to make appropriate industry recommendations.
- Implements the necessary controls and procedures to protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other teams that require a network engineer and assist with other Information Team functions as needed. (Azure, Microsoft Active Directory, Windows/Linux Servers, VMware, O365, and Identity Management)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field or appropriate industry experience required.
- 5-10+ years of work experience operating, deploying, and/or designing large-scale infrastructure.
- Subject matter expertise in IP Networking/Routing & Switching (TCP/IP, IPv4/v6, BGP, OSPF, and/or MPLS).
- Certifications, such as CCNA/CCNP, JNCIS/JNCIP, PCNSE.
- Experience with cloud, and virtual infrastructures is preferred.
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.