Global Supply Manager
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Global Supply Manager to join our team. This role will focus on direct materials and play a critical role in the overall success of Hermeus' supply chain model. Acting as a key interface between various stakeholders, our Global Supply Manager will be responsible for driving all aspects of strategic and tactical elements of the business operations.
The Opportunity and How You'll Impact Hermeus:
- You will manage key suppliers and drive strategic sourcing of new supplier partners
- You will establish necessary contracts with suppliers including SOW, MSA, etc
- You will collaborate with production and engineering teams to conduct capacity planning, prepare new program ramps, drive necessary and timely action for potential supply issues, and provide accurate supply projection
- You will drive material ordering to ensure product availability on a daily basis, managing forecast to commit, driving excellent supplier flexibility and minimizing potential exposures
- You will manage and develop suppliers to maintain lowest cost, predictable availability, and industry-leading quality
- You will work with Hermeus cross-functional teams to achieve established business goals and objectives
- You will manage the development and implementation of procurement strategies and initiatives
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or a technical discipline
- 3-5 years supply chain or commodity management experience;
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of product cost estimation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify, onboard, and manage strategic supplier relationships
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and executing complex contracts and subcontracts.
- Experience interpreting and/or enforcing contract terms and conditions.
- Familiarity with procurement/ERP systems
- Experience in developing and driving supply plan modeling
- Experience in developing “Should Cost” models
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Department of Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS).
- Experience in aerospace industry or a hardware startup
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.
See more open positions at Hermeus
Something looks off?