Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to join our accounting team reporting to the Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing and processing all aspects of the accounts payable function in a timely and accurate manner.
This is an opportunity to work on a lean Finance team and to make an immediate impact in a fast-scaling startup. Come help us radically accelerate air travel!
The Opportunity & How You'll Impact Hermeus:
- Review, code, and process all invoices and purchase orders in a timely and accurate manner using Bill.com or similar payment processor
- Ensure accuracy of vendor accounts by reconciling statements and resolving discrepancies
- Process payments through Bill.com or credit card
- Communicate with vendors to resolve billing issues and discrepancies
- Maintain accurate records of all accounts payable transactions
- Assist with month-end close and year-end audit processes
- Provide support for other accounting projects as needed
- Knowledge of purchase order process through ERP system
- Assist with inventory tracking
- Maintain W9 information and banking records to ensure tax compliance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in accounts payable(preferably with Bill.com)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Bill.com, accounting software
- Experience with electronic payment systems preferred
- Startup experience preferred
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.
See more open positions at Hermeus
Something looks off?