Airworthiness Systems Engineer
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
The Hermeus Flight Test team owns the cradle to grave testing of the fastest unpiloted reusable air breathing aircraft on the planet. Our team plays a critical role in ensuring that the Quarterhorse aircraft and all sub-systems meet safety, performance, and certification requirements.
As a Requirements, Verification, and Certification Systems Engineer, you'll be responsible for managing requirements, verification plans, and certification plans for aircraft systems and sub-systems. You'll have the opportunity to work closely with the design engineering teams to ensure that evolving designs are adequately captured, controlled, and reviewed by the program. This role requires a high level of accountability for the capture and tracking of the technical baseline for the as designed, as built, and as tested configurations. Tasking may also include development of requirements, requirements management methods, development of verification plans and linking to processes and procedures, management of reviews and inputs from cross-functional teams, and managing/reporting progress against plans.
- Requirements management and selection and upkeep of associated tools
- Support cross-functional discussions and reviews of requirements, verification and certification plans
- Communicate program status related to needs, updates, and design baselines
- Ensure that systems requirements and plans align with design, manufacturing, and quality standards
- Ensure that correct processes and procedures for review and approval of requirements are being followed
- Prepare and conduct technical reviews related to system requirements verification and certification
- Manage and track Requirements Management Tool tasks in support of primary tasks
- Facilitate and support team efforts to meet schedules and deadlines
- BS degree in a STEM related discipline
- 3-6 years of experience in a Systems Engineering role
- Demonstrated knowledge of aircraft engineering principles and practice
- Experience with requirements management and common tools (JIRA, DOORS, Teamcenter)
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design, development, and test teams
- Working understanding of Systems Engineering principles and processes related to Program Lifecycle Management
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment that emphasizes rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
- Experience with civil and military aircraft certification programs
- Experience with configuration control processes
- Experience with requirements development and allocation (ARP-4754A or similar)
- Experience with verification and test planning, or operations experience
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools such as SysML
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.
See more open positions at Hermeus
Something looks off?