Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
The Manufacturing Team at Hermeus are the boots on the ground. We have a vast array of experiences ranging from welding, additive, tube bending, machining, integration, and avionics. We are a lean team who are responsible for building a vehicle that will fly. We provide crucial design feedback to our engineering team and can rapidly iterate on design and assembly.
The Opportunity and How You'll Impact Hermeus:
- You will be responsible for inspection of components to internal and industry standards to determine part conformity using microscope and hand inspection tools and coordinate measuring machines
- You will perform documentation review and verification of certifications, specifications, and conformance to design requirements
- You will approve or reject items and documents based on inspection results as required
- You will communicate with internal customers and suppliers to resolve inspection discrepancies, documentation issues, and packaging damage
- You will use electronic MRP system to document issues, route parts and components to proper departments
- You will resolve nonconformance and documentation issues, supports Quality Management System policies and procedure documentation, assesses compliance to company and industry standards, and participates in continual improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives
- You will communicate and resolve roadblocks timely and accurately to ensure delivery and on-time receipt status
- High school diploma, associate degree, or equivalent certificate
- 5+ years of experience in CMM programming and/or quality inspection
- Experience programming in Calpyso, Polyworks, or PCDMIS
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Ability to lift 50 lbs unassisted
- Strong knowledge of GD&T and tolerance stack ups
- Strong communication skills and ability to read and provide feedback on technical documents
- Experience in a startup development environment
- Experience working in a flight development program
- Experience with optical comparators and scanning arms
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.
See more open positions at Hermeus
Something looks off?