Senior Data Scientist
About Hello Heart:
Hello Heart is the only digital therapeutics company to focus exclusively on heart disease, the leading cause of death for U.S. adults. Through a connected device and mobile app that uses AI, behavioral science, and personalized digital coaching to drive lifestyle changes, Hello Heart empowers people to embrace healthier behavior, which can reduce the risks of high blood pressure and heart disease. It also helps users catch blood pressure readings that are extremely high and encourages them to talk to their doctor to identify potential risk in time. Validated in peer-reviewed studies and trusted by leading Fortune 500 companies, Hello Heart is easy to use and works alongside an employer’s benefits ecosystem. Founded in 2013, Hello Heart is a member of the American Heart Association’s Innovators’ Network and is part of the CVS Health Point Solutions Management program. Hello Heart is backed by leading VCs including Stripes, Khosla Ventures, IVP, Blue Run and Resolute. Visit www.helloheart.com for more information.
About the role:
Hello Heart is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our expanding data group. As a part of our Data Science group, you will work on highly complicated challenges, from research to production. You'll research, design, implement and optimize ML models that drive our core recommendations and personalization systems. Your work will directly contribute to improving healthcare practices and enhancing the well-being of individuals.
- You’ll take ownership of recommendation and personalization modeling projects, including design, model training, architecture, performance evaluation, and ongoing monitoring.
- You’ll research and experiment with machine learning, deep learning, optimization, and statistics algorithms to solve a wide range of real-life problems that can actually improve people’s lives.
- You will explore and improve the machine learning infrastructure to meet the criteria of scalability, reliability, performance, and efficiency of the models.
- You’ll work closely with the product and translate user behaviors into personalized digital insights that will be used on a daily basis across the world.
- You’ll innovate and make new ideas happen fast, in an agile way. Yes, even in the data group.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in industry settings developing recommendation systems
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in developing machine learning models using Python.
- 4+ years of hands-on industry experience in implementing machine learning models in production
- BSc in an appropriate technology field (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Neuroscience, Physics, Econometrics).
- Strong software development skills and experience writing production quality code for large scale machine learning in real-world scenarios.
- Experience with data cleaning, preprocessing, and feature engineering techniques.
- Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods
- Expertise in AI algorithms and statistical modeling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, decision trees, neural nets, support vector machines.
- Expertise in Causal Inference And Reinforcement Learning - advantage
- MSc, or PhD in an appropriate technology field or equivalent experience - advantage.
- Experience with standard analytics tools and deep learning frameworks such as scikit-learn, PyTorch / TensorFlow - advantage.,
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (e.g., Docker) and cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, or GCP) - advantage.,
Hello Heart has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - we look for people who are collaborative, creative, and courageous. Oh, and if you want to see some recent evidence of the fun things we do at Hello Heart, check out our Instagram page.