Machine Learning Engineer
About Hello Heart:
Hello Heart is the only digital therapeutics company to focus exclusively on heart disease, the leading cause of death for U.S. adults. Through a connected device and mobile app that uses AI, behavioral science, and personalized digital coaching to drive lifestyle changes, Hello Heart empowers people to embrace healthier behavior, which can reduce the risks of high blood pressure and heart disease. It also helps users catch blood pressure readings that are extremely high and encourages them to talk to their doctor to identify potential risk in time. Validated in peer-reviewed studies and trusted by leading Fortune 500 companies, Hello Heart is easy to use and works alongside an employer’s benefits ecosystem. Founded in 2013, Hello Heart is a member of the American Heart Association’s Innovators’ Network and is part of the CVS Health Point Solutions Management program. Hello Heart is backed by leading VCs including Stripes, Khosla Ventures, IVP, Blue Run and Resolute. Visit www.helloheart.com for more information.
About the role:
Hello Heart is seeking a talented and motivated ML Engineer (MLE) to join our Data group. As an MLE, you will play a vital role in designing, developing, and implementing machine learning models and systems. You will focus on productization of the different elements of our clinical predictions products.
- Design, develop, and optimize machine learning models, algorithms, and pipelines. Ensure scalability, performance, and reliability of the models.
- Develop and maintain Hello Heart’s ML models infrastructure and data pipelines. Integrate models into existing systems or develop new ones based on production and research needs.
- Continuously monitor the performance and accuracy of deployed models. Identify and address model degradation, data drift, and other issues. Maintain and update models as needed.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in machine learning, deep learning, and related fields. Explore and experiment with new algorithms, frameworks, and tools to improve model performance and efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or another related field.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience, proficiency in Python is a must
- Demonstrated experience in developing and deploying machine learning models in real-world scenarios. Knowledge of containerization technologies (e.g., Docker) and cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, or GCP).
- Familiarity with software development practices, version control systems, and agile methodologies. Ability to collaborate effectively with software engineering teams.
- Experience with data cleaning, preprocessing, and feature engineering techniques. Proficiency in Pyspark / SQL and data manipulation libraries like pandas or NumPy.
- Solid understanding of machine learning concepts and techniques, including regression, classification, clustering, and deep learning. Familiarity with model evaluation metrics and hyperparameter optimization.
Hello Heart has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - we look for people who are collaborative, creative, and courageous. Oh, and if you want to see some recent evidence of the fun things we do at Hello Heart, check out our Instagram page.