Technical Support Engineer (Remote)
HackerRank is looking for new Technical Support Engineers to join our team. We are looking for Engineers passionate about helping others and the experience of our customers. You will focus on providing a stellar customer experience while problem-solving and communicating complex technical issues to technical and non-technical customer audiences. You will be a strong advocate for the happiness of our customers and have excellent general knowledge of our products, with a strong technical foundation in troubleshooting theory and aptitude.
While having “desired” qualifications makes for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering HackerRank. We always look for people who will bring something new to the table!
You will be working on:
- Communicate with customers via email, chat, and phone to ensure effective use of HackerRank products
- Research, investigate, and provide high-quality responses to technical inquiries and maintain an ongoing authoritative knowledge of diverse technologies.
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting while understanding the customer’s skill level and communicating with them in the manner most appropriate
- Take ownership of customer-reported issues and see them through to resolution.
- Review and contribute to our internal knowledge base to help yourself and our customers stay educated on our product landscape
- Work with your manager to surface problems to improve processes.
We are looking for:
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in a customer-facing support role. Supporting and troubleshooting mission-critical software applications. Ideally, SaaS (software as a service)
- Experience querying data sources with MySQL
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Self-starter with excellent customer-facing skills and excellent written and verbal communication. Experience addressing customer concerns and providing feedback
- Customer-focused and empathetic, passionate about the customer experience.
- Experience working collaboratively with team members in different geographic locations and time zones.
- Experience with Zendesk, JIRA, or similar ticketing systems
- Experience with logging tools
- Attained a technical degree or experience with development or technical project work or internship experience
Benefits & Perks:
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- One-time home office set up stipend
- Monthly Remote Work Enablement Stipend
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Wellbeing Benefits (Headspace, Carrot, Cleo, etc)
- Unlimited paid time off, paid leave for new parents, and flexible work hours
- Insurance for all employees (term life, personal accident, medical) along with medical insurance for their dependents
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours, and time off
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $100 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,800+ companies across industries and 18M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to hire the best and reduce engineering time. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!
HackerRank is a proud equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunity to everyone for employment on the basis of individual performance and qualification. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.