Senior Software Engineering (Remote)
We’re revolutionizing tech hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that allows them to effectively assess technical skills. We’re growing fast and looking to add to our Engineering team. This position is Full-Time and Remote within India.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will play a pivotal part in HackerRank’s mission to “Accelerate the World’s Innovation”. You are excited to make an impact on the lives of millions of developers as you build the platform for them to showcase their skills and get hired. We’re responsible for building the world’s leading technical interview platform. We believe in “Extreme ownership” and you’ll have immense ownership both in terms of product and engineering.
Your work will have a direct impact on the lives of millions of developers as you build the platform for them to showcase their skills and get hired. You will be responsible for building systems that back the Screen product-line specifically focusing on providing the best developer experience. You’d be working on helping us scale our Screen product to handle over 100K concurrent test takers to support large country-wide remote hiring events. As part of this, you will also need to build a platform to provide world-class recruiter experience (Services related to Test creation/Invitation/evaluation workflows, Managing Questions library, Test reports, etc) on the cloud at scale. Along with all of this, as a senior developer you will also be responsible for mentoring interns, and delivering key product and tech initiatives.
You will be working on:
- As a backend engineer, you will be expected to execute and deliver large and complex projects end-to-end, with or without the involvement of other team members
- Ensuring timely delivery of all product deliverables
- Play a key role in technical discussions within the team and be the go-to person for the team for guidance and troubleshooting
- Understand key Business and Engineering metrics around performance, quality and availability and work regularly with the team to push the boundaries and improve them periodically
- Proactively participate in code reviews and architecture and design discussions
- Mentoring junior engineers and setting best practices for coding, code reviews, etc.
- Help the organization in building a top quality team by participating in hiring initiatives and evangelizing about contributions, accomplishments and victories
We are looking for:
- Strong and self motivated individuals, should be able to independently drive decisions
- Solid experience in building web based products
- Overall of 3+ years expertise in at least one dynamic programming language and one MVC web framework, preferably Ruby on Rails or NodeJS
- Expertise in Database modeling, preferably relational DB, spotting DB bottlenecks and writing optimized DB queries
- Expertise in all common Cloud technologies, preferably AWS. Knowledge of CI/CD tools and workflows
- Proven track record in building highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Willingness to play and explore with new technologies and be a Subject Matter Expert and support them
- Someone who believes in small incremental improvements and passionate about refactoring
- A keen eye to quality with regards to following and establishing good coding practices, improving code coverage
- Good stakeholder management, ability to build trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
Benefits & Perks:
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- One-time home office set up stipend
- Monthly Remote Work Enablement Stipend
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Wellbeing Benefits (Headspace, Ginger, Carrot, Cleo, etc)
- Unlimited paid time off, paid leave for new parents, and flexible work hours
- Insurance for all employees (term life, personal accident, medical) along with medical insurance for their dependents
- COVID 19 insurance to employees and dependents
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours, and time off
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,800+ companies across industries and 15M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to hire the best and reduce engineering time. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!
HackerRank is a proud equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunity to everyone for employment on the basis of individual performance and qualification. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.