Senior Software Engineer
At GrowthBook, we are building an open source feature flagging and A/B testing platform. If you love the data and engineering challenges faced by large tech companies, but want the ownership and flexibility of a small startup, then GrowthBook is for you.
We are a small team, distributed across the US, and backed by YCombinator and Khosla Ventures. We’re helping companies release code quickly and confidently while measuring the impact of what they launch.
As an open source company, we are focused on bottom-up adoption and building a product that engineers love to use. We have an amazing open source community on Slack that gives us constant feedback, feature requests, and ideas. GrowthBook is already used in production by hundreds of companies and we’re just getting started!
Some of the problems you'll be working on
- Real-time Feature Flag Analytics. When a developer pushes code live, they want to know two things right away - “Did I just break anything?” and “Is anyone using my new feature?”. APM tools like NewRelic only get you part of the way there and we want to build a truly comprehensive solution.
- Robust SQL Test Suite. We support 8 different SQL data sources, from Postgres to BigQuery to PrestoDB, and each of them have their own quirks and bugs that we need to work around. Supporting this at scale will require building robust automated test suites and provisioning complex cloud infrastructure on demand.
- Streaming Features Service. When someone toggles a feature flag in GrowthBook, we want it to propagate to all of their clients around the world within seconds. And we need to do this reliably (99.999% uptime) and at scale (billions of requests).
- Solid understanding of both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience building large web applications from scratch
- Fluent English and good communication skills
- Startup experience or interest working in a small company
- Bonus: Contributed to an open-source project
- Bonus: Used feature flags or A/B testing at a previous company
- Bonus: Built data-heavy analytics applications
- Competitive salary and employee-friendly equity in an early-stage fast-growing startup
- Unlimited PTO (that we actually encourage you to use)
- Top-of-the-line insurance (US only): medical, dental, vision, mental health, and more
- Paid parental leave
- Generous work-from-home stipend and IT budget
- Remote-first company with regular off-sites in exciting locations
GrowthBook is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to creating an inclusive, supportive environment for all employees.
We regret that we cannot sponsor new US employment visas at this time, although we can make exceptions for H1B transfers.