Software Engineer, Developer Platform Engineer
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2023
Who we are:At Glydways, we believe that mobility is a basic human right. Low-cost and ubiquitous access to affordable housing, employment, education, commerce and care lead to economic and social prosperity. As such our goal is to provide:Public transit with the highest capacity, the best user experience, the lowest cost, and the lowest carbon footprint.Our solution is a system of interconnected, profitable, and carbon footprint neutral transportation networks that uses standardized autonomous vehicles and a closed roadway. Together, they provide a 24/7 on-demand private mobility service without burdening the public with heavy upfront costs or annual system subsidies. Meet the team:The Developer Platform team as a part of Software Platform is responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure that enables all developers to track, build, deploy and operate our software. From the build system everyone uses, to the tools used to submit and deploy changes, to the cloud infrastructure they use to operate it - we support the entire development experience. The Developer Platform team forges the tools that empower the entire software engineering organization while working with engineers from almost every team. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and enhance developer workflows, including build, lint, code coverage, and testing support for C++, Python, and Go languages.
- Collaborate closely with software engineering teams to identify and implement improvements in the continuous integration (CI) system, utilizing AWS and Buildkite.
- Develop, deploy, and support automation tools to streamline common developer workflows, such as change submission, integration testing, and dependency management.
- Design and implement basic monitoring services to track the performance and stability of internal processes and systems.
- Contribute to the eventual migration of the build system to Bazel, working with team members to ensure a smooth transition.
- Strong knowledge of build systems and other tools in the software development cycle, like: git, linting, GitHub, code review, testing frameworks and deployment frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD best practices and principles, with bonus points for direct experience with Buildkite.
- Experience developing tools and services in Python or Go.
- Experience with Linux operating systems in both day to day development and operational environments.
- Knowledge of AWS or other similar cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of on-call support processes, incident management and monitoring tooling.