Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2023
Who we are:At Glydways, we believe that mobility is a basic human right. Low-cost and ubiquitous access to affordable housing, employment, education, commerce and care lead to economic and social prosperity. As such our goal is to provide:Public transit with the highest capacity, the best user experience, the lowest cost, and the lowest carbon footprint.Our solution is a system of interconnected, profitable, and carbon footprint neutral transportation networks that uses standardized autonomous vehicles and a closed roadway. Together, they provide a 24/7 on-demand private mobility service without burdening the public with heavy upfront costs or annual system subsidies. Meet the team:The Vehicle Software team, as a part of Software Platform, works closely with Vehicle Hardware, Autonomy, and Robot Infrastructure engineers to go the last mile in getting software running on the robot. Whether it’s making sure data is flowing from the latest sensor kit, or custom firmware is written and loaded onto main compute - the Vehicle Software team gets to play with all the cool new toys, and impact the entire org while working with engineers from almost every team. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design, prototype, build, and test production embedded robotics firmware.
- Evaluate, implement, test, and optimize applications in a real-time operating system environment.
- Working with algorithms teams to take advantage of unique hardware acceleration opportunities.
- Evaluate, design, and implement both existing and custom communication protocols between devices and between compute modules.
- Work with autonomy, hardware engineers, and software throughout the lifecycle of the vehicle - from device bring-up, to software deploy.
- Work with test engineers and platform engineers in developing testing frameworks and harnesses at the unit, integration, and system levels.
- Expert level knowledge of C or C++ programming; other languages and skills also valuable.
- Strong knowledge of communication protocols, from low level (SPI, UART, CAN) to high level (TCP/UDP)
- Experience with RTOS environments, especially FreeRTOS/SafeRTOS.
- Experience with time synchronization protocols such as NTP and PTP
- Experience with safety critical systems and processes.
- Bonus points for experience within automotive and/or transit
- Experience deploying firmware to multi device robots in a power safe way.
- Familiarity with electronics test equipment and hardware debugging (multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc)