Software Engineer, Full Stack Developer
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2023
Who we are:At Glydways, we believe that mobility is a basic human right. Low-cost and ubiquitous access to affordable housing, employment, education, commerce and care lead to economic and social prosperity. As such our goal is to provide:Public transit with the highest capacity, the best user experience, the lowest cost, and the lowest carbon footprint.Our solution is a system of interconnected, profitable, and carbon footprint neutral transportation networks that uses standardized autonomous vehicles and a closed roadway. Together, they provide a 24/7 on-demand private mobility service without burdening the public with heavy upfront costs or annual system subsidies. Meet the team:The Applications Team, as a part of Software Platform, is instrumental in designing, building, and maintaining the technology that runs both in and for our robots and infrastructure. This team, operating across the entire stack, serves our internal development team, clients and business partners, and interfaces directly with our customers helping to provide the best possible experiences and most impactful interactions. As a part of the Applications Team, you will be writing high performance, cutting edge software that runs on premise, on robots, in the cloud, and in the hands of our users. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design, build, test, and optimize modern web applications using frameworks such as React, Vue, or Svelte.
- Design, build, test, and optimize schemas both for relational and NOSQL databases.
- Build and optimize visualizations using high and low level graphics APIs (WebGL, ThreeJS, BabylonJS, D3.js) including authoring custom shaders (GLSL)
- Build and maintain new and existing mobile applications (Android/iOS) using modern web frameworks and associated technologies (Capacitor, React Native).
- Work closely with cloud infrastructure engineers to build and deploy secured web applications for both internal and external customers.
- Help grow and mentor a team of web developers, including documenting best practices, determining reasonable default technology stacks, and proactively applying these lessons into production code.
- Expert level knowledge of one or more frontend frameworks, such as React, Vue, Svelte, Angular, etc.
- Experience with one or more backend languages, such as NodeJS, .NET, Ruby, or Python.
- Experience with modern graphics APIs and techniques (ThreeJS, WebGL, Shaders, Render Lists)
- Experience with defining schemas, reading from, and writing to one or more Database technologies (Postgres, Redis, Couch, etc)
- Experience with WebSockets and WebWorkers.
- Experience with web native development (Electron, Capacitor, React Native, etc)
- Familiarity with AWS services (EC2, S3, RedShift, DynamoDB).