Senior Technical Architect
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
The Technical Architect role at GitLab is a multifaceted and pivotal position responsible for guiding and executing a wide range of critical responsibilities. As a Technical Architect, you will be at the forefront of GitLab's Professional Services projects, overseeing the entire engagement life cycle, from initial scoping to delivery. Your role encompasses detailed technical design, ensuring that deliverables precisely align with customer expectations. Collaboration is key, as you'll coordinate and lead the implementation efforts of both internal and partner consultants, fostering best practices and effective communication. Mentorship is another crucial aspect of your role, providing guidance through documentation, delivery kits, and training materials. You'll liaise with various functional groups within GitLab and contribute to the development of internal processes, ensuring a seamless and collaborative environment. Additionally, you'll play a pivotal role in customer engagements by leading technical discovery sessions, articulating task-level work requirements, and providing expert guidance during project planning. Staying informed about GitLab's product updates and industry trends will be essential to success in this dynamic role..
What you’ll do
- Deliver high-level designs Professional Services projects around GitLab infrastructure and functionality ensuring that the deliverable accurately meets the defined expectations of the customer
- Engage with Customers in a Statement of Work to drive results maintaining a 55% billable utilization
- Deploy to customer on-prem and cloud providers utilizing Terraform and Ansible in our GitLab Environment Toolkit following our reference architectures.
- Perform migrations from source system to GitLab using Congregate.
- Provide DevOps and DevSecOps consulting and best practices utilizing internal frameworks like DGF and GitLab Flow.
- Coordinate and oversee functional implementation activities for internal and partner consultants, developers, and customer points of contact (POC) on large scale enterprise projects
- Mentor PS and partner consultants providing guidance regarding 'Best Practices', communication, and implementation strategies
- Provide mentorship and collateral in the form of documentation, delivery kits, and training materials
- Liaise with and support of other functional groups within GitLab – including (but not limited to) training, development, support, product, engineering
- Provide support to PS Engagement Managers during the scoping and creation of the customer statement of work (SOW)
- Lead technical discovery sessions with customers, partners and GitLab PSEs to understand their business goals, technical constraints and requirements
- Provide technical expertise and consultative advice during the planning stages of a customer engagement
- Stay up to date on new features, and fixes within the monthly GitLab product releases and disseminate key information to the PSE team
- Hold enablement sessions for PS or other team members to learn how to use or how to sell particular service offerings
- Assists Regional Delivery Managers with
- Technical Vetting of Partner Consultants
- New hire candidates
- SOW staffing assessments
What you’ll bring
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated progressive experience delivering two or more of the following consulting services
- SCM migration
- Cloud Architecture
- DevOps Engineering
- CI/CD consulting services
- Demonstrated progressive enterprise level software development experience
- Demonstrated progressive DevOps Platform experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence internal team members, customers and partners
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making abilities with effective organizational and time management skills the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change
About the team
Customers often want to transition to GitLab, utilize features of their existing GitLab installation, or map out extensive upgrades to their existing infrastructure and process. That is where we step in. Our team has a diverse set of skills across the deployment, maintenance, and usage of GitLab, as well as deep technical knowledge with competing portfolios, allowing us to help our customers realize faster time to value with their GitLab investment.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.