Solutions Architect, Israel
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Solutions Architects are the trusted advisors to GitLab prospects and clients, showing how the GitLab solutions address client business requirements. Solutions Architects are responsible for driving and managing the technology evaluation and validation stages of the sales process. Solutions Architects are the product advocates for GitLab’s Enterprise Edition. They focus on the technical solution while also understanding the business outcomes the customer is trying to achieve.
The Solutions Architect helps drive value and change with software development for one of the fastest-growing platforms. By applying solution selling and architecture experience from planning to monitoring, the Solutions Architect supports and enables successful adoption of the GitLab platform. Solutions Architects work collaboratively with GitLab’s customers across segments, Sales, Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing organizations.
This role provides technical guidance and support throughout the entire sales cycle. Solution Architects can help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of the GitLab platform with customers by becoming the trusted advisor. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. Proficiency in connecting technology solutions to measurable business value is critical to a Solutions Architect. Candidates should also have a demonstrated skill to think strategically about business, products, and technical problems.
To learn more, see the Solutions Architect handbook
What you'll do
- Technical expertise: Engage with customers, both onsite and remotely, by providing technical expertise during the pre-sales process. The additional responsibility implies adopting a more mature consultancy and advisor role during the pre-sales process while providing technical assistance and solution guidance.
- Sales strategy: Collaborate with the sales team to go beyond support to formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue targets through the adoption of GitLab.
- Technical guidance: Be the Directly Responsible Individual (DRI) on Technical Close Plans and technical evaluations via POC/POV ownership, technical part of tender/audit support, and workshop design.
- Customer relationships: Build deep relationships with people within customer environments to enable them to be GitLab advocates.
- Customer feedbacks: Serve as the customer advocate to other GitLab teams, including Product Development, Sales, and Marketing.
- Market knowledge: Maintain specialty competency in one or more technologies related to GitLab’s market focus through activities such as training, certification and creation of working examples for reuse internally and by customers and partners.
- GitLab knowledge: With comprehensive knowledge of the GitLab platform and associated technologies, educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of GitLab while participating in discussions throughout the organization to ensure successful GitLab deployment.
- Growth & Development: Continuously improve your professional skills with a focus on personal mastery and team learning through activities such as training, reading and seeking mentorship from others.
- Strategic Client Engagement: Run Value Stream Assessments in your account with support of a Senior SA leading the engagement
What you'll bring
- Experience with technical pre-sales or as a professional in the field of information technology
- Experience with modern software development or operations and their associated technologies
- Experience with cloud computing and related technologies and practices
- Understanding of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the SA team Manager.
- Candidates may be invited to schedule an interview with a Solutions Architect peer or other SA team Manager.
- Then, candidates will be required to deliver a demo of GitLab to a panel of Customer Success attendees using the Demo Guide.
- Candidates may be invited to additional interviews.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer after references are verified.
Grow the business partner ecosystem by developing partner capabilities and building joint solutions
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.