Manager, Solutions Architects (West)
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
We are currently hiring a Manager, Solutions Architects for our Enterprise team in North America, West. Solutions Architects are the trusted advisors to GitLab prospects and clients, showing how the GitLab solutions address client business requirements. Solutions Architects are responsible for driving and managing the technology evaluation and validation stages of the sales process. Solutions Architects are the product advocates for GitLab’s Enterprise Edition. They focus on the technical solution while also understanding the business outcomes the customer is trying to achieve.
The Solutions Architect helps drive value and change with software development for one of the fastest-growing platforms. By applying solution selling and architecture experience from planning to monitoring, the Solutions Architect supports and enables successful adoption of the GitLab platform. Solutions Architects work with GitLab's top enterprise customers. Solutions Architects work collaboratively with Sales, Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing organizations.
To learn more, see the Solutions Architect handbook
What you'll do
- Understand and evangelize GitLab's vision, strategy, and values to your team while also translating them for application to team-specific scenarios.
- Grow a highly effective team through hiring, coaching, and retention of personnel.
- Provide continuous feedback to your team members as well as peers and leaders.
- Be accountable for the overall execution of your team while tracking key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Provide clear communication to your team, peers, and leadership on all essential matters.
- Guide by example while performing the responsibilities of a solution architect to drive customer success.
- Work closely with regional sales managers on strategy.
What you'll bring
- Experience in mentoring people, including giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Experience in collaborating with other managers and executing strategies
- Technical presentation and communication skills
- Experience with technical pre-sales or as a professional in the field of information technology
- Knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience with modern software development or operations and their associated technologies
- Experience with cloud computing and related technologies and practices
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Director of Solutions Architects.
- Candidate will then schedule an interview with an SA management peer.
- Then, candidates will present a business plan to include 30/60/90 day approach, outcomes, and metrics.
- Candidates may be invited to additional interviews.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer after references are verified.
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.