Deal Desk Manager
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
GitLab's Deal Desk team partners closely with our Field Organization to support Quoting, Pricing and booking transactions. This team serves as the primary liaison between our Sales & Finance teams and is responsible for the efficient, accurate and timely sales bookings. As part of the larger Revenue Operations team, the Deal Desk team supports our constantly changing and complex business as we launch new products, implement new processes and expand into new countries
We're looking for an experienced, dedicated and empathetic leader to manage and grow our AMER Deal Desk team. Our team is distributed across the U.S., maintaining SLAs and supporting our AMER sales teams as GitLab's customer base continues to grow.
What you’ll do
- Manage a remote team of ICs, creating a positive culture
- Work cross-functionally with various Gitlab teams such as Legal, Finance, Sales, and Alliances on a day-to-day basis
- Help manage the current deal desk processes while identifying potential areas for future enhancements
- Collaborate with system teams to identify, design & UAT solutions for QTC enhancements
- Support the AMER Sales team on a frequent basis to provide deal structure strategy and support throughout the quote to cash process
- Help manage the Deal Desk reconciliation program and partner with finance & compliance
- Participate in sales region forecast calls, QBRs, & EoQ Daily Standups
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience managing teams in Deal Desk/Sales quoting functions
- Experience in leading Deal Desk teams through empathy
- Strong sense of ethics and commitment to Transparency
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in Contracts, Accounting, Billing and revenue recognition and ability to partner with Sales to advise in these areas
- Technical acumen, especially around CPQ tools - experience with Zuora is a plus
- A sense of humor and curiosity
What it’s like to work here at GitLab
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLab team members are currently located in over 51 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe. Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLab team members are fully remote and receive a “no ask, must tell” paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, pay for your membership to a co-working space, and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab employees across the world.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.