Manager, CRM Systems
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Manager, CRM Systems
Remote, North America
An overview of this role
In this role, you will be the Manager of CRM Systems, reporting directly to the Director, CRM Systems. Your primary responsibility will be to lead a team of highly collaborative and results-oriented IT professionals, overseeing the delivery of global, high-value IT applications across the company. Your skills, experience, drive, and passion will be crucial in ensuring that GitLab has the necessary IT applications to not just meet but exceed corporate objectives. Your focus will extend to fostering business alignment with team members and sponsors, anticipating the evolving needs of the business, and proactively scaling the team to stay ahead of the curve. Deep technical proficiency in Salesforce (and ideally Zuora) is essential for actively contributing to roadmap discussions across the organization. As a motivated leader, you will excel at mentoring and building professional relationships at all organizational levels. Your role will require solid problem-solving and decision-making skills, along with agility and adaptability to effectively manage change. This position, encompassing both strategic and tactical aspects, will empower you to influence adoption, achieve results, and maintain a strong client service orientation.
What you’ll do
- Business Partnership: Works with leadership within the cross-functional team and assists in roadmap planning.
- Business Operations: Analyze and plan improvements in technical implementations to continue to deliver value to business partners.
- Document related processes and technical configurations in the GitLab handbook.
- Technical Delivery: Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to delivery teams. Drives adoption of technology and process changes. Drive end to end delivery on large, complex, cross-functional projects across multiple systems or integrations with minimal oversight. Proactively provides recommendations for system improvements.
- Project Management: Run the technical implementation of small and large-sized projects Manage intake and prioritization process for functional areas of expertise.
- Mentorship: Build and manage global teams. Guide and coach team members. Mentor junior team members and model GitLab values for the team. Ability to delegate key tasks within the team to improve team efficiency and throughput.
- Measure, monitor, and maintain team’s ability to meet or exceed Service Level Agreements (SLA), Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Experience and comfort working in a culture of measurement.
- Provide critical input to develop and manage the plan of record for the IT Applications portfolio; while driving culture of delivery to commitments.
- The Manager is expected to identify critical areas of improvement, offer recommended solutions, and drive execution of those solutions.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience. 5-7 years of experience implementing, configuring, customizing and integrating SaaS software Eg: SalesForce, Zuora Billing, Zuora Revenue, DocuSign CLM, Netsuite, Coupa, Zip, Navan, Workday, ADP, eTrade etc.
- 5-7 years’ experience in IT, with 5+ years’ experience leading and managing an IT organization or Applications group at a fast growing high technology company.
- Be a self-starter, and thrive in a fast paced environment, customer centric and have the interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technology relationships.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills, resilient under pressure, able to meet deadlines and able to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Exhibit strong security and confidentiality practices with systems that handle sensitive data. Experience partnering with internal information security and compliance teams. SOX experience is preferred.
- Strong understanding of LTC business processes in a Zuora environment.
- Industry certifications a plus: Salesforce, Zuora, PMP, ITIL, CISSP or similar certifications.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and meet business objectives in a global, collaborative and high performance work environment.
- Change management knowledge and ability to operate effectively in fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in vendor management and capacity planning in a fast growth environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and fast change with an ability to adapt quickly and easily.
- Candidate must have proven ability to consistently and collaboratively resolve issues, mitigate roadblocks, and meet all financial and management goals on time. Will be a self-starter who maps own direction to succeed.
- Application specific skills:
- Billing Systems: CPQ, Billing, Revenue (Zuora, NetSuite, etc.).
About the team
See the Enterprise Systems team handbook page here.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.