Senior Product Designer, Fulfillment
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
You'll be working with the Fulfillment team to create a world-class buyer experience through the products we build. Designers working with the Fulfillment team are assigned to projects as opposed to groups, so you'll have the opportunity to work with a number of Product/Engineering Managers to ensure we have a consistent UX across groups. The Fulfillment team are highly collaborative and value UX, you will be asked for input early and often, and your guidance will help shape the direction of the product and customer experience.
Here are some pages with more info:
- Product Design department page
- Our design principles
- Fulfillment product direction
- Fulfillment UX Team
What you'll do
- You'll define the product goals, roadmap, and strategy, all to solve user problems.
- You’ll work alongside UX Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers to iterate on new features within the GitLab product.
- You’ll communicate your design thinking and ideas through wireframes, prototypes, user flows, mockups, and high-fidelity visual designs.
- You’ll engage with our user base and the wider GitLab community to understand their pain points and work toward long-term fixes that enable them to succeed with their goals.
- You’ll undertake usability testing to validate your thinking. (We’ve got an excellent team of UX Researchers who can offer guidance, as needed.)
- You’ll contribute to our Design System, alongside the rest of the UX team and the GitLab community as a whole.
What you'll bring
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong experience designing fulfillment / billing / ecommerce / subscription management in a B2B enterprise software environment
- Strong experience following a user-centered or human-centered design approach, in conjunction with design thinking.
- Enjoy getting involved in research and usability testing, and know when to engage with UXR.
- You already practice design iteration and have experience building strong connections with key customers.
- Familiarity with git/HTML/CSS
About the team
We support the business of GitLab by becoming experts in our stage group, educating ourselves about the entire product, and staying engaged with user and business goals. We partner closely with our stable counterparts in Product Management and Development. As Product Designers, we are the owners of design judgment. We start with a problem to solve and always first consider the best experience for the user.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.