Field CTO - EMEA
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
We are currently hiring a Field CTO to join our Strategic Field Organization at a Principal Solutions Architect level. The Strategic Field Organization is a team of Principal Solutions Architects that supports global strategic prospects and customers. This team collaborates with the regional account teams to work together on large engagements that require a high degree of strategic planning - such as DevSecOps transformation, solution recommendations, and advisory for our customer's senior technical leadership.
Field Solutions Architects (SA) are the trusted advisors to GitLab prospects and customers during the presales motion. We demonstrate how the GitLab platform and GitLab Professional Services address common and unique business requirements. SA's add value to GitLab's customers by providing subject matter expertise and industry experience throughout the sales process and collaborate internally with product.
Our Field SA's also engage proactively with existing GitLab customer to provide thought-leadership, engage in innovative solutions, collaborate around evangelism activities around unique customer requirements (i.e. meetups and presentations) and continuously seek market feedback to improve the GitLab platform.
What you'll do
- Create and maintain relationships with customer executives that contribute to large Net ARR deals and customer success
- Provide executive-level, thought leadership on strategic opportunities (i.e., new logo and growth)
- Curate and manage field feedback, while collaborating with the product team on roadmap and issue prioritization
- Scale and grow regional-level expertise within the field (SAE/AE,SA,CSM) through contributions to enablement and content
- Act as a prospect / customer advocate on DevSecOps transformation initiatives
- Build and maintain select subject matter expertise related to GitLab targeted technology sectors through industry monitoring and participation in external working groups, committees and development projects
- Keep up to date on GitLab-relevant emerging methodologies and technologies and leverage that knowledge to drive solution strategy and influence product strategy
What you'll bring
- Significant experience with architecture of enterprise software development workflow
- Experience as CTO is a plus
- Experience delivering information/Cyber Security and compliance related solutions and assessments
- Experience with software development tools, practices, and methodologies
- Strong verbal and written skills with a strong ability to articulate and communicate strategies to all levels in an organization (i.e., executive to staff engineer)
- Ability to use GitLab, including learning GitLab as part of the role
- Ability to travel and comply with the company’s travel policy
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the hiring manager.
- Candidates may be invited to schedule an interview with a Solutions Architect peer or other SA team Manager.
- Then, candidates will be required to deliver a demo of GitLab to a panel of Customer Success attendees using guidance shared by the recruiter.
- Candidates may be invited to additional interviews.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer after references are verified.
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.