Senior Professional Services Engineer- Eastern North America
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Remote, Eastern North America
An overview of this role
As a Senior Professional Services Engineer, you will help customers accelerate their DevSecOps transformation and overall product adoption with customer engagements. In this role, you will provide implementation, migration, and advisory/consulting services. You will interface not only with our customers, but with our GitLab Product/Engineering teams, to find the best route for customer success, and to help drive improvements to GitLab features and processes.
As a new Senior Professional Services Engineer, you will work with a variety of customers, tools, and environments. If you love learning new things and overcoming new challenges at a fast pace this is the role for you.
What you’ll do
- Engage with Customers in a Statement of Work to drive results maintaining a 70% billable utilization.
- Deploy to customer on-prem and cloud providers utilizing Terraform and Ansible in our GitLab Environment Toolkit following our reference architectures.
- Perform migrations from source system to GitLab using Congregate.
- Provide DevOps and DevSecOps consulting and best practices utilizing internal frameworks like DGF and GitLab Flow.
- Provide mentorship for Associate and Intermediate Professional Services Engineers to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy
- Manage/oversee/deliver on multiple projects, either as the primary engineer, or as a lead providing oversight to other Professional Services Engineers
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience consulting and driving customer results
- Familiarity deploying to on-prem and cloud environments using IaC
- Proven ability to independently manage project or projects
- Experience using, deploying, or configuring GitLab
- Proven ability to “think to the next question” and see the larger picture for customer engagements, and not just the individual task
About the team
A story about what the team does, plus links to the relevant handbook pages. What makes the team interesting, or, what are the challenges the team is trying to solve? Ex. Thanks to our Transparency value, you can see what we are working on in our Team page. You can even see our roadmap and listen to some of our meetings.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.