Strategic Enterprise Account Executive - Japan
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Senior Account Director (Strategic Account Leader) is a grade 8.
This role is 100% remote and candidates must be based in Japan.
- Supports GitLab’s strategic large prospects and Digital Native customers.
- Provide account leadership and direction in the pre- and post-sales process
- Conduct sales activities including prospecting and developing opportunities in large/strategic accounts
- Ensure the successful rollout and adoption of GitLab products through strong account management activities and coordination with pre-and-post sales and support resources
- Be the voice of the customer by contributing product ideas to our public issue tracker
- Generate qualified leads and develop new customers in conjunction with our strategic channel partners .
- Expand knowledge of industry as well as the competitive posture of the company
- Prepare activity and forecast reports
- Contribute to root cause analysis on wins/losses.
- Communicate lessons learned to the team, including account managers, the marketing team, and the technical team
- Assist sales management in conveying customer needs to product managers, and technical support staff
- Utilize a consultative approach, discuss business issues with prospect and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Develop an account plan to sell to customers based on their business needs.
- Collaborate with Marketing on marketing strategies.
- A true desire to see customers benefit from the investment they make with you
- Able to provide high degree of account management and control
- Work under minimal supervision on complex projects
- Experience selling into large organizations
- Ability to leverage established relationships and proven sales techniques for success
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and closing skills
- Preferred experience with Git, Software Development Tools, Application Lifecycle Management
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
The confidence gap exists. The above list is intended to show the kinds of experience and qualities we're looking for. If you're reading this, do not match all of the requirements, and are hesitant to apply, we encourage you to make an application despite your hesitations.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.