Enterprise Area Sales Manager - Southeast
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Enterprise Area Sales Manager, Southeast
An overview of this role
You will act as a primary point of contact and the face of GitLab for our prospects and customers within the US Southeast region.
What you’ll do
- Drives, manages and executes the business and revenue of a sales team for the US, Southeast Area
- Analyzes market dynamics in an effort to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Prepares forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans
- Educates team on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing
- Establishes and reports on metrics to measure team performance; correct deficiencies where necessary
- Ensures that the sales plan is aligned with and supports the corporate revenue goal
- Manages a team of 5-10 Strategic Account Leaders; fosters a successful and positive team environment
What you’ll bring
- 10+ years experience in field sales, operations and leadership in open source software or software DevOps environment
- Experience selling to Fortune 500; willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and sell
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance objectives (revenue targets, pipeline targets, etc.)
- Experience utilizing CRM systems and marketing automation systems (such as Salesforce, Clari, Marketo, etc).
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations; ability to handle a fast-paced environment and challenging workload
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills; Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to mentor others
- Ability to travel as needed
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
About the team
The Enterprise Sales department is part of GitLab Sales and includes both Large and Public Sector sales teams. The sales field in Enterprise is made up of Major and Strategic Account Executives (MAEs and SAEs) who collaborate closely with their deal team (Inside Sales, Customer Success, Sales Development, Channel & Alliances and more) and work across functions to deliver maximum value to strategic and large prospects and customers throughout their entire journey with GitLab. When thinking about 'what good looks like' in this department, refer to your job family, the field competencies, and our GitLab values.
Enterprise Sales Handbook
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.