Senior Technical Trainer
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
We are looking for engineers passionate about teaching to join our Education Services team. As a part of our growing organization, you will be instrumental in providing education and enablement to our customers and partners. The team is a group of dedicated technical instructional designers and technical trainers, all working towards reducing barriers to adopting GitLab by building and delivering world-class educational products.
In this role, you will deliver training content to developers, administrators, architects, and partners to drive adoption and use of GitLab platform. You’ll have an opportunity to merge your passion for teaching, with enthusiasm for technology, to drive learning and establish positive customer relationships. You also have a passion for communicating complex concepts and coaching others to help them build powerful new skills.
This position is ideal for a presales engineer, consulting engineer or software developer who also loves to teach.
What you’ll do
- Deliver instructor-led training to educate customers and partners on our platform internationally, both virtually and in-person
- Assist in developing & maintaining technical training content, lab exercises, presentations, and accompanying materials that helps customers and partners adopt GitLab effectively.
- Work closely with other teams, including product, customer success, sales, and customer support, to ensure that training programs align with product updates and customer needs.
- Maintain product and industry knowledge, learning new product features and teaching methods, collaborating with GitLab product engineering, field, and curriculum teams to maintain subject matter expertise and contribute to curriculum
- Continuously invest in your own learning and development, to build elite GitLab expertise through a combination of attending training, shadowing experts, receiving mentoring, performing coding projects, and self-study
- Develop sample applications for inclusion in our courses using a variety of programming languages
- Develop a formalized Train-the-Trainer program for our Authorized Training Center partners and Contractors
- Mentor and train internal and external authorized trainers as part of a train the trainer program
- Special Projects as assigned
What you’ll bring
- B.S. or M.S. or relevant work experience in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- 5+ years experience working as an instructor, technical trainer, developer, consultant, or presales engineer
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle, DevOps and cloud native technologies (kubernetes, containers, and microservices)
- Experience with the GitLab product as a user, contributor, or DevOps maintainer
- Experience working with a variety of Learning Management System (e.g., Thought Industries) and hands-on labs tooling (Instruqt, Katacoda, Strigo, etc)
- Experience in delivering presentations, public speaking, or conducting classroom training related to specific technology, products, or services.
- Ability to travel up to 20% both within the United States and internationally
- GitLab DevOps Professional Technical Certification a plus
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.