Senior Product Manager, Verify (CI)
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of the role
We're looking for a Product Manager that can help us work on the future of building, testing, and scaling software!
As a Senior Product Manager in the Verify Stage, you will be directly responsible for the direction of a large and important scope in DevOps. Specifically, building out continuous integration (CI), code quality analysis, micro-service testing, usability testing, and more. This product manager owns the foundation of our DevOps product and must have a strong understanding of DevOps, CI/CD, and Release Automation. A practical understanding of container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes will come in handy as this role will reach across various groups to ensure we are building scalable, maintainable, and performant solutions.
What you’ll do
- Understand and define the problem of our users and customers in the Release Stage
- Develop deep knowledge of the product categories in Continuous Integration
- Regularly talk with users and customers and uncover insights with UX Research
- Translate requirements into roadmaps and clearly defined issues
- Contribute towards building lovable products by working in accordance with our CREDIT values
- Contribute to the product vision, together with the Head of Product and VP of Product
- Create and maintain a vision for your product area and vision for each product category
- Innovate within your product area by proposing ambitious features
- Ensure that issues that impact GitLab are appropriately prioritized
- Communicate and evangelize your product vision internally and among the wider community
What you’ll bring
- Experience in product management especially developing tools for software engineers in a B2B setting
- Experience working with CI/CD, Git, and Git workflows
- Strong understanding of DevOps and cloud-native application architectures, deployment, and operations
- Driven to solve hard problems
- Strong technically: you understand how software is built, packaged, deployed, and operated
- Passion for design and usability
- You share our values and work in accordance with those values
- Trust and empower your development group to deliver great products
- You make thoughtful decisions motivated by data and research
About the team
We work in quite a unique way at GitLab, where lots of flexibility and independence are mixed with a high-paced, pragmatic way of working. And everything we do is in the open.
This means having cross-functional partnerships with Support, Product Marketing, Sales & Field and Customer Success to create world-class features and capabilities related to the pipeline experience, creating or authoring .gitlab-ci.yml files, executing jobs in a pipeline, and various testing capabilities in CI/CD.
We work in a Kanban style aligning with milestones and GitLab’s Product Development Flow and have a fully-staffed team of engineers, designers, testers and researchers to help execute the Verify roadmap.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.