Senior GL Accountant
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
As a Senior GL Accountant at GitLab, you'll support the external audit processes, working directly with the external auditors and internal team members from Technical Accounting and Accounting Operations to drive results.
What you'll do in this role
- Ensure execution of monthly, quarterly, and year-end close under the company’s timeline.
- Responsible for month-end close procedures including preparation of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for prepaids, accruals, software implementation costs, etc.
- Provide support for various ad hoc projects as needed.
- Work closely with multiple levels of organization and cross-functional teams, including but not limited to FP&A, Sales Ops, People Ops, Legal, Benefits team, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 key controls in the financial areas of responsibility, as applicable.
- Assist with monitoring the need for business process improvements and assist with the design processes, procedures, and reporting enhancements to improve financial and operational processes.
- Support the design and implementation of new policies and procedures related to audit requirements and business activities.
- Assist with preparation of reports and presentations for CFO, Controller, Board of Directors and Audit Committee meetings.
- Work with and support the accounting team in day-to-day activities, special projects, and workflow process improvements.
- Support overall department goals and objectives.
We're looking for
- 3-5 years US GAAP public company experience is required.
- Software company experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP principles.
- Experience with Netsuite or other big ERP system preferred but not required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and/or Google Docs and Sheets.
- Experience working with international subsidiaries.
- Flexible to meet changing priorities and the ability to prioritize workload to achieve on time accurate results.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Something looks off?