Senior Product Manager, Global Search
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to make finding anything in the one DevSecOps Platform easy and delightful. Your goals are to improve the overall search experience within GitLab, across all of the content within our single application. You'll ensure the solution can scale from small self-managed instances to large deployments like GitLab.com. An ideal candidate has a proven track record of delivering great search experiences at scale, and is familiar with the rapidly changing landscape of recommendation and search systems.
Check out our Global Search and Code Search Handbook pages to learn more.
We also recommend looking at our company page and the product handbook to get started.
Senior Product Managers are leaders and are expected to be experts in their product domain and viewed as such by the community and internally at GitLab. They are expected to prioritize and manage their products with minimal guidance from leadership or other product team members. As a Senior Product Manager at GitLab, you are primarily responsible for:
- Understanding and communicating the problem of our users and customers
- Defining requirements for a solution that is loved by our users and customers
- Ensuring our product is viable for GitLab
- Driving the product in the right direction - consistently deliver outsized impact to their stage and category KPIs or other GitLab KPIs
- Taking an active role in defining the future - mastering the competitive and market landscape of their product domain and understanding how this landscape impacts the product roadmap
- Managing the product lifecycle end-to-end - document ROI or impact for a given action, feature, or prioritization decision
- Engaging with stakeholders in two-way communication - representing GitLab as a product and domain expert in front of industry analysts, strategic customers, industry events/conferences, and other events
- Leading by example - mentoring less experienced Product Managers to enable them to add more value sooner
- Experience in product management
- Strong understanding of search engines, algorithms, and workflows
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate complex requirements into actionable iterations
- An ability to define and analyze key metrics to inform product direction
- Trust and empower your development group to deliver great products
- Have a passion for design and usability
- Receptive to coaching and feedback
Nice to haves
- Experience with code search
- Experience with utilizing machine learning to improve the search experience is a plus
- Experience with GitLab, Git, and the Git workflows
- Experience building AI-based features and working with AI models
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will then be invited to schedule a Hiring Manager Interview with our Director of Product
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with a Peer Enablement Product Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with an Engineering Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a Deep Dive interview with a Product Manager
- Selected candidates will then be invited to schedule a final interview with the VP of Product
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Something looks off?