Sales Development Representative (EMEA - French Speaking)
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
This position is 100% remote and will be based in EMEA.
An overview of this role
GitLab is looking for an enthusiastic and strategic Sales Development Representative (SDR), to join our growing Revenue Marketing team. As a SDR at GitLab, you get the opportunity to lead the initial outreach to targeted Enterprise accounts working in conjunction with the Field and Digital Marketing teams. In this role you will leverage creative marketing and sales tactics to prospect and engage with multiple buyer personas and roles to introduce GitLab’s value. You will be responsible for generating qualified meetings and pipeline for GitLab's Sales organization.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you'll do in this role
- Effectively manage inbound lead flow
- Conduct high-level discovery conversations in target accounts
- Meet or exceed SDR sourced Sales Accepted Opportunity (SAO) volume targets
- Collaborate with and leverage teammates to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities
- Utilize business and industry knowledge to research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, create/identify compelling events, and develop accounts
- Work to have a variety of touches (call, email, social, etc.) on all leads in your assigned territory using Outreach.io
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results using Salesforce
- Participate in documenting all processes in the GitLab handbook and update as needed with your Sales Development Manager
- Act as a mentor for new SDR hires in helping them navigate their key accounts
We're looking for
- Fluency in French
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible achievements
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Knowledge of business process, roles, and organizational structure
- Determined personality with a desire to grow and win
- Passionate about being a part of GitLab’s journey
- Proficient in using Salesforce
- Previous tech industry experience or experience in sales development, marketing and/or sales is a plus
- Eagerness to grow professionally with best-in-class onboarding program, support across the business and eligibility for promotion into an outbound role after 12 months as a successful SDR
- Globally we require excellent written and spoken English which is our company language
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
- Career ladder for Sales Development team members
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.