Solutions Architect (LATAM)
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
This is a Solutions Architect role supporting the LATAM region. We are looking for someone based in Brazil for this role.
Solutions Architects are the trusted advisors to GitLab prospects and clients, showing how the GitLab solutions address client business requirements. Solutions Architects are responsible for driving and managing the technology evaluation and validation stages of the sales process. Solutions Architects are the product advocates for GitLab’s Enterprise Edition. They focus on the technical solution while also understanding the business outcomes the customer is trying to achieve.
As a Solutions Architect, you will help drive value and change with software development for one of the fastest-growing platforms. By applying solution selling and architecture experience from planning to monitoring, you will support and enable successful adoption of the GitLab platform. You will work collaboratively with GitLab's customers across segments, Sales, Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing organizations.
This role provides technical guidance and support throughout the entire sales cycle. You will be helping shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of the GitLab platform with customers by becoming the trusted advisor.
To learn more, please see the Solutions Architect handbook.
What you will do
- Engage with customers, both onsite and remote, in a technical consultancy and advisor role during the pre-sales process while providing technical assistance and solution guidance.
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue targets through the adoption of GitLab.
- With comprehensive knowledge of the GitLab platform and associated technologies, educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of GitLab while participating in discussions throughout the organization to ensure successful GitLab deployment.
- Guide technical evaluations via POC/POV ownership, RFP/audit support, and workshop design.
- Build deep relationships with people within customer environments to enable them to be GitLab advocates.
- Serve as the customer advocate to other GitLab teams, including Product Development, Sales, and Marketing.
- Continuously improve your professional skills with a focus on personal mastery and team learning through activities such as training, reading and seeking mentorship from others.
- Maintain specialty competency in one or more technologies related to GitLab's market focus through activities such as training, certification and creation of working examples for reuse internally and by customers and partners.
What you will bring
- Ability to speak Portuguese (this position is based in Brazil)
- Experience with technical pre-sales
- Knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience with modern software development or operations and their associated technologies
- Experience with cloud computing and related technologies and practices
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to use GitLab
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the SA team Manager.
- Candidates may be invited to schedule an interview with a Solutions Architect peer or other SA team Manager.
- Then, candidates will be required to deliver a demo of GitLab to a panel of Customer Success attendees using the Demo Guide.
- Candidates may be invited to additional interviews.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer after references are verified.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Something looks off?