Senior Software Engineer - Care Supply
About the Senior Software Engineer - Care Supply at Headspace Health:
Our engineering team is built on a foundation of mutual trust, respect, and collaboration. We're looking for a passionate & experienced engineer to join our growing / distributed international team. You will work hand-and-hand with our world class clinical operations and product teams to build and scale our behavioral health operating system. A system that puts member & caretaker experience above all else.
We are constantly looking for opportunities to efficiently leverage our clinical supply and provide intuitive, reliable tools for our psychiatrists and therapists in order to maximize our members' access to world-class clinical care. We are uniquely positioned to reinvent what the patient experience could be, getting mental healthcare in the complex healthcare system!
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace Health:
- You have a passion for writing readable, secure, tested code and following best practices
- You look forward to code reviews from peers knowing that it will help you and others grow
- You leverage existing solutions, design patterns, and frameworks where they fit the best, and have the capacity to come up with your own when existing practices do not meet the needs
- You consider system architecture, macro-level optimization, and creating leverage through good design
- You desire to work at a startup, you can thrive and feel empowered in both unstructured and structured environments
- You enjoy collaboration and working with other engineers
- You are comfortable giving estimates, working within a timeline, foreseeing and mitigating risks to a timeline, and communicating risks back to stakeholders
- You care about having a diverse team and this may mean you represent diversity yourself
- You learn from failure and act as a role model for others to do the same by openly and respectfully discussing failures and learnings
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years developing, deploying and maintaining non-trivial, concurrent, commercial backend systems. Bonus if you have experience using AWS infrastructure-as-code tools (ex: CloudFormation, Terraform)
- 2+ years of experience mentoring other engineers, and successfully implementing complex projects from conception to delivery
- Experience with one or a few of the following: Python, Django, Node.js, TypeScript, React
- Experience with and understanding of: relational and non-relational DBs, normalization / denormalization, SQL, and ORMs. Bonus if you have experience with GraphQL
- Experience writing secure/defensive code
- You have designed and documented significant applications, features, or systems that involved more than a few engineers in their implementation
- You have a solid understanding of the network and API layer (REST, RPC, HTTP)
- You have strong OO design skills and an understanding of design patterns
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) or equivalent experience. You can reason about code and algorithms in time, space and structural complexity
Pay & Benefits:
The base salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to skills and scope required, relevant licensure and certifications, and unique relevant experience and job-related skills. The base salary range for this role is $104,981-$157,476.
At Headspace Health, cash salary is but one component of our Total Rewards package. We’re proud of our robust package inclusive of: base salary, stock awards, comprehensive healthcare coverage, monthly wellness stipend, retirement savings match, lifetime Headspace membership, unlimited, free mental health coaching, generous parental leave, and much more. Paid performance incentives are also included for those in eligible roles. Additional details about our Total Rewards package will be provided during the recruitment process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace Health, please complete our application process below.
Headspace Health participates in the E-Verify Program.
Headspace Health is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. Please view our privacy notice here.
Something looks off?