Senior Billing Specialist, Pre-Access
About the Senior Billing Specialist, Pre-access at Headspace Health:
We're looking for a Senior Billing Specialist who can combine their healthcare experience with a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. You will be working with the Billing team to ensure timely and accurate financial clearance resolution, research and review authorization, referral, and eligibility escalations from the billing team, perform productivity and quality reporting, and document and improve team processes to ensure insurance billing is handled correctly from start to finish.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace Health:
- Serve as a team lead for the Pre-Access pod within the RCM Team
- Support the team in navigating payer-specific nuances including but not limited to: authorizations, referrals, carve-outs, and TPA plans while meeting production and quality targets
- Structure pod worklists distribution and monitor pod for quality
- Identify trending authorization and eligibility issues; making recommendations to RCM and Finance leadership on financial clearance remediation strategies
- Communicate with patients to obtain financial information and verify insurance coverage
- Calculate patient financial responsibility and provide accurate cost estimates
- Coordinate with billing and coding departments to ensure proper coding and billing of services
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and guidelines
- Maintain accurate and complete patient records in the electronic medical record system
- Provide training and support to other revenue cycle staff as needed
- Work with RCM leadership on creating and maintaining a productive, collaborative, and rewarding work environment
- Uphold HIPAA compliance guidelines
What you’ve accomplished:
- 5+ years Revenue Cycle Management experience and knowledge of medical claims and health plan / EAP rules
- 2+ years of experience in Financial Clearance
- 1+ year experience in supervisory and managerial positions
- Self-starter with strong billing, coding, and claims follow-up skills
- Behavioral health / mental health service line and telehealth billing experience preferred
- Experience working with payer provider relations teams on trending payer issues, as well as working cross functionally with other teams (including credentialing, support, contracting, account management) to improve internal workflows
- Proficient in Excel and data analysis
- Technically savvy with claims billing software and Microsoft Office, with a desire to learn new software as well
- Strong root cause and problem solving skills
- Ability to navigate occasionally complex workflows
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in behavioral health, telehealth, or digital health
- Experience in B2B2C healthcare
Pay & Benefits:
The base salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to skills and scope required, relevant licensure and certifications, and unique relevant experience and job-related skills. The base salary range for this role is $67,230-$94,500.
At Headspace Health, cash salary is but one component of our Total Rewards package. We’re proud of our robust package inclusive of: base salary, stock awards, comprehensive healthcare coverage, monthly wellness stipend, retirement savings match, lifetime Headspace membership, unlimited, free mental health coaching, generous parental leave, and much more. Paid performance incentives are also included for those in eligible roles. Additional details about our Total Rewards package will be provided during the recruitment process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace Health, please apply with your resume.
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) is at the heart of our mission to improve the health and happiness of the world. At Headspace Health, we are committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives while providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We continuously strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent team by filling out this form if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application or interview process.
Headspace Health participates in the E-Verify Program.
Headspace Health is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. Please view our privacy notice here.
Something looks off?