Bilingual Behavioral Health Coach (French/English) - Nationwide
About the French Bilingual Behavioral Health Coach at Headspace Health:
As we continue to expand, we are seeking experienced bilingual (English/French) behavioral health coaches to support our growing community of members. As a bilingual coach, you will have the opportunity to participate in our French Services program and be a part of a community working collaboratively to bring greater mental health access to the world.
Headspace Health Coaches play an instrumental role in making the Headspace Health mission a reality. You will help people adapt to living healthier lives by discovering their personal strengths, motivations, and skills that will enable them to make lasting changes in their mindsets and behaviors. Coaches have regular touchpoints w/ their members to assist them in constructing attainable goals, offer support and encouragement, track successes and setbacks, and provide resources, tips and strategies to facilitate on-going progress.
Coaches are an integral part of each member’s multidisciplinary care team. They use previous clinical and/or coaching experience, good judgment, and our guidelines to discern when to refer members to a higher level of care, such as Therapy and/or Psychiatry, or other internal or external resources. You will collaborate with our psychiatrists and therapists to help develop and reinforce progress, as appropriate.
Headspace Health coaching is delivered entirely through text-based-chat within the Headspace Health app.
This means as a Headspace Health coach you’ll be providing services through the use of a computer and with a strong ability to translate your skillset into writing. In addition to coaching our members, you’ll also take advantage of weekly team meetings and process groups, as well as 1:1 supervision and peer to peer quality assurance. As an integral part of Headspace Health, you’ll be invited to participate in a bi-annual company event to foster growth, enhance your skills and work side by side with your colleagues to fulfill the mission of our company.
- As a company, we provide 24/7 support to our members year round which means coaches are assigned to work up to 5 holidays per year.
- We are unable to hire licensed clinicians for this role or individuals 12 months from receiving licensure. Additionally, we are also unable to provide any type of clinical supervision towards licensure.
- Due to the nature of healthcare services provided to our customers, partners and members, all work must be provided in the U.S. Data, specifically personal health information, may not be accessed, disclosed or used outside of the U.S. Please note that the U.S. is limited to the 50 states of the United States -- it does not include U.S. territories like Puerto Rico.
- Ginger supports French speaking members and has bilingual French and English speaking coaches on its team. This is a full-time, W2 role and will require bilingual coaches to provide text-based coaching to members in both French and English, depending on member demand and scheduling. Although bilingual coaches are being hired to support the French Program, due to high demand, they will be called on to provide regular coaching to our English-speaking general audience as well. Since the French Program is newly launching, it is anticipated that the majority of care will be delivered in English.
- Due to our coverage based model of delivering care to meet the demands of our members, at times there may be requests around swapping regularly scheduled days/times for other shifts temporarily to meet those needs. Fulfilling these requests are not required though a level of flexibility and willingness to support these requests is helpful.
Currently Hiring for these shifts:
- B2: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 2pm - 12am PT (5pm - 3am ET
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace Health:
- Carry a full, active caseload of English and French speaking members and complete intakes of new English and French speaking members
- Attend and respond to multiple tasks, situations and responsibilities simultaneously throughout your shift
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation and paperwork (I.e. assessments, care plans, daily notes and other required paperwork)
- Excellent communication, writing and typing skills (spelling, grammar, syntax) in both French and English.
- Collaborate through notes with member's Clinical Team to collaborate on their care plan
- Coaching support in both English and French around a variety of topics such as depression, anxiety, stress management, relationships, communication, and career. Please note that as our French offering scales, the majority of care will be delivered in English.
- Assess risk in the moment with members using the Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS), taking the appropriate next steps and escalating care as needed
- Review fellow French bilingual coaching transcripts and conduct ongoing peer to peer Quality Assurance, providing constructive feedback
What you bring:
- Excel at empathetic listening, building strong rapport through text-based chat, and providing compassionate support throughout the process of personal growth
- The ability to create a sense of warmth, openness, and calmness through text-based chat
- The ability to relate to others and connect quickly
- Work well within a team and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills with colleagues
- Openness to receiving and providing constructive feedback
- Adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity, novel situations and change
- Strong critical and creative thinker
- Comfortable and have demonstrated experience with using multiple technological tools in your day-to-day; you are able to adapt and grow with technological developments quickly
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Ability to provide constructive feedback through peer to peer quality assurance
- Culturally responsive provider, open to and capable of working with diverse populations
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and multi-task when necessary
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience, 6 months of which must have occurred with direct supervision, under a qualified, credentialed or licensed supervisor.
- MA degree in psychology-related field OR coaching certification from an accredited training program (as approved by the NBHWC)
- Knowledge of coaching techniques such as Motivational Interviewing, SMART goal setting, assessing stages of change/readiness, etc.
- Ability to deliver text-based care
- Fluency in Google Suite
Requirements For Bilingual Behavioral Health Coaches
As a Headspace Health Behavioral Health Coach who supports our French Services Program, you are required to demonstrate French writing proficiency at the following level:
- Understand a wide range of longer and more demanding texts
- Can recognize and respond to implicit meaning in text/ chat form
- Express ideas without too much searching for vocabulary or expressions
- Effectively use the language for social, coaching and professional situations
- Create well-structured and detailed texts on complex topics
Preferred but not required
- Experience with triage and working within a team-based care model
- Have worked with a text-based platform providing care in the past
Pay & Benefits:
The base salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including but not limited to: skills and scope required, relevant licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Within the range provided, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including unique relevant experience and job-related skills. The base salary range for this role is $46,980 - $62,500.
Headspace Health provides robust Total Rewards to all employees, in addition to base salary. 2023 Total Rewards include base salary, stock awards, comprehensive health care coverage, wellness benefits, a retirement savings match, lifetime Headspace membership, and more. Variable performance incentives are also included for those in eligible roles. Additional details about our Total Rewards package will be provided during the hiring process.
About the Company:
Headspace Health is the world’s most accessible and comprehensive digital mental health and wellbeing platform. Headspace and Ginger have come together at a critical moment of global need to create Headspace Health. Headspace Health will democratize mental health and wellbeing so people around the world are supported by a full spectrum of affordable care. In addition to its vast library of mindfulness and meditation content, our behavioral health system offers emotional support, guidance, therapy, and medication from professional coaches, licensed therapists, and psychiatrists, respectively.
Our mission is to create a world where mental health is never an obstacle. By harnessing the power and convenience of a smartphone, Headspace Health is able to provide access to high-quality care to anyone, anywhere, in order to reduce symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression.
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace Health is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent team by filling out this form if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application or interview process.
As such, Ginger requests that individuals who have received coaching or clinical services at Ginger wait until their care with Ginger is complete before applying for a position. If someone with a Ginger account is hired for a position, please note their account will be deactivated and they will not be able to use Ginger services for the duration of their employment.
Further, if Ginger cannot find a role that fails to resolve an ethical issue associated with a dual relationship, Ginger may need to take steps to ensure ethical obligations are being adhered to, including a delayed start date or a potential leave of absence. Such steps would be taken to protect both the former member, as well as any relevant individuals from their care team, from impairment, risk of exploitation, or harm.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace Health, please apply with your resume and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.
Headspace Health participates in the E-Verify Program.
Headspace Health is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. Please view our privacy notice here.
Something looks off?