Software Engineer, Computer Vision
Fulfil is a well-funded, rapidly growing, and inclusive company developing a custom automation robotics system, purpose-built to solve today’s leading practical and environmental problems in the world’s food supply chain. Founded by a team with previous startup success, and backed by top-tier VCs, we are mission-driven to reduce waste, environmental impact and emissions with truly new technology. We can’t do it alone -- we’re seeking curious, capable, passionate team members motivated by the opportunity to create lasting impact on the world through their work. This role offers ample growth opportunities while working side-by-side with an impassioned, multi-disciplinary team spanning mechanical design, software, computer vision, systems integration and ops to design and operationalize world-changing technology.
Fulfil is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then please apply even if you don’t feel you meet all the requirements listed below. We'd love to hear from you.
The software engineer will work closely with other members of the Automation Software Team to develop back-end software for integrating computer vision into Fulfil’s custom robots and automation equipment. Ideal candidates will have background domain experience in classical computer vision techniques and algorithms, but software development experience is most important for achieving success in this role. Software projects will include a mix of algorithm design and performance evaluation, API development, data processing, and production optimizations. Some projects may be more focused on ML model development for image-based applications. Candidates must have significant experience in developing object-oriented software with C++ or similar.
Please note that this is not a fully remote position (COVID permitting), as one of the best parts of working at Fulfil is the ability to interact with a highly collaborative team across different technical fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or similar
- 3-5 years experience in CV and ML using C++
- Experience working with computer vision hardware, libraries (such as OpenCV), and algorithms
- Understanding of data structures and best coding practices
- Idea generation and execution, mostly unsupervised
- Hands-on aptitude, strong debugging and system analysis skills
- Desire to work in an incredibly fast paced startup environment
- Experience with stereo vision systems and sensor fusion (e.g. Intel RealSense cameras)
- Proficient in python and C++
- Experience developing production code and contributing to large production code bases
- Experience building multi-threaded and/or real-time systems
- Knowledge of classical robotics theory and coordinate transformations
- Familiarity with both Windows and Linux operating systems
- (Bonus qualification, not required): deep learning techniques for image-based ML models
- (Bonus qualification, not required): master’s degree in EE/CS, with a focus on CV or ML
What You Get
- A chance to be an early member of a hyper-growth startup with equity to match
- Ability to solve complex problems with a world-class team
- A low-ego company culture that is obsessed with feedback and helping each other grow
- Hybrid work structure that allows you to choose when and where you get your best work done
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, with 401K, life and disability coverage as well
- Generous paid time off (PTO) - and we mean it!
- The salary range for this position is $120,000- $180,000 plus stock and benefits. Pay within the range is based on candidate experience, job-specific skills, education, and work location