Fulfil is a well-funded, rapidly growing, and inclusive company that has developed a custom automation robotics system to pick and pack online orders of groceries and other consumables, bringing delight and a value proposition to consumers that doesn’t exist today. Additionally, its unique design and technology is purpose-built to solve today’s environmental problems in the world’s food supply chain. Founded by a team with previous startup success and backed by top-tier VCs, we are committed to reducing waste, improving environmental impact, and reducing emissions with truly new technology. Our first commercial product launched in 2022 with a fully automated store in Mountain View, CA.
We can’t do it alone -- we’re seeking curious, capable, passionate team members motivated by the opportunity to create lasting impact on the world through their work. This role offers ample growth opportunities while working side-by-side with an impassioned, multi-disciplinary team spanning mechanical design, software, computer vision, systems integration, and ops to design and operationalize world-changing technology.
Fulfil is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then please apply even if you don’t feel you meet all the requirements listed below. We'd love to hear from you.
The Industrial Engineer will be responsible for improving system level performance of Fulfil’s multi-robot automation system by analyzing and optimizing material and process flows and machine-to-machine interaction. You will work closely with a cross-functional engineering team ranging from Hardware Design, Systems, Software and Operations teams to guide development of automation equipment from a series of unit-level machines into a robust, integrated system. The role will draw on a wide breadth of engineering skills including data analysis, throughput optimization, lean manufacturing, and process engineering. The role requires you to develop effective solutions to a wide range of problems that arise during integration of complex capital equipment.
In this role you will:
- Own the growth of technology from a series of unit-level machines into an integrated system with appropriate system controls
- Identify and track key system performance indicators to prioritize high-impact changes, guide implementation, document qualification, and ensure user acceptance
- Design new processes to improve system level yield and throughput performance by defining clear objectives, communicating data requirements, leveraging internal software, and applying project management principles.
- Identify waste and other cost reduction opportunities and collaborate with the cross functional team to implement solutions
- Participate in system level tests by collaborating with engineers on design of experiments and working with operations to run tests and collect data
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, process, manufacturing, industrial engineering or similar
- Experience designing experiments and leading data-driven investigations
- Programming competency within common languages used for data analysis (SQL, Python, etc.)
- Demonstrated competence solving problems using root cause analysis
- Experience working with capital equipment and mechatronics hardware such as motors, drives, sensors, and actuators
- Hands on aptitude – able to dive in and troubleshoot a variety of system issues across multiple engineering disciplines
- 2+ years of professional work experience
What we’d love to see
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Simulation experience
- Electrical and mechanical system design experience
- Understanding of industrial control systems and factory automation
- Experience in food tech
- Experience with CAD (Solidworks)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Care for local and global communities, and desire to make an impact through technology
- Not afraid of robots
What You Get
- A chance to be an early member of a rapidly growing startup and have an impact on company and technology direction
- Ability to solve challenging problems with a skilled and dedicated multi-disciplinary team
- A balanced, highly collaborative work environment where we encourage everyone to ask for and provide help. We value and support individual growth through open communication and feedback
- Hybrid work structure that allows you to choose when and where you get your best work done
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage, with 401K, life and disability coverage as well
- A PTO policy where we encourage and expect all employees to take time to enjoy life outside of work
- The salary range for this position is $90,000-$140,000 plus stock and benefits. Pay within the range is based on candidate experience, job-specific skills, education, and work location.
At Fulfil we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.