Senior Electrical Engineer
Fulfil is a well-funded, rapidly growing, and inclusive company that has developed a custom automation robotics system to pick and pack online orders of groceries and other consumables, bringing delight and a value proposition to consumers that doesn’t exist today. Additionally, its unique design and technology is purpose-built to solve today’s environmental problems in the world’s food supply chain. Founded by a team with previous startup success and backed by top-tier VCs, we are committed to reducing waste, improving environmental impact, and reducing emissions with truly new technology. Our first commercial product launch with the technology was in summer 2022.
We can’t do it alone -- we’re seeking curious, capable, passionate team members motivated by the opportunity to create lasting impact on the world through their work. This role offers ample growth opportunities while working side-by-side with an impassioned, multi-disciplinary team spanning mechanical design, software, computer vision, systems integration, and ops to design and operationalize world-changing technology.
Fulfil is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then please apply even if you don’t feel you meet all the requirements listed below. We'd love to hear from you.
Fulfil is hiring a Senior Electrical Engineer to join us at a fast-paced startup in a multi-disciplinary engineering team. In this role you will own the design of PCBA for our proprietary industrial automation equipment in accordance with industry standards, best practices, and requirements. This role offers ample growth opportunities while working side-by-side with cross functional engineering teams of Mechatronics, Mechanical, System, SW/FW and operation to bring our innovative and exciting new technology to reality.
In This Role You Will
- Own challenging electrical design projects in industrial automation and robotics
- Own the PCBA design process from gathering requirements through design, prototyping and validation.
- Work with a cross functional team (mechatronics, systems, software, firmware and operations teams) to design robust electrical systems
- Work with operations team and contract manufacturers to ensure efficient manufacturing and high production quality of production products.
- Design for compliance with UL, ISO and IE standards
- Test new designs on the bench and in system to ensure function and performance
- Team lead in safe and standard compliant work with electronics, training others to work using safe practices and procedures
- Impact the company’s overall performance by contributing to a positive work culture, encouraging good engineering practices, and helping to create and improve robust engineering workflows and processes
What We’re Looking For
- BS or MS in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals
- 4+ years of professional work experience
- Expert in analog and digital circuit design, high speed design and board level components selection.
- Expert in schematics capture and layout for PCB.
- Expert in PCBA design validation, troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Proficient in PCBA development tools such as Altium or Cadence.
- Proficient in utilizing common electrical lab equipment such as signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, power supplies, etc.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
What We’d Love To See
- 6+ years of professional work experience
- Prior experience working in a start-up environment.
- Experience with robotics, motors and other electromechanical components
- Experience with high volume PCBA design and manufacturing, board level component selection, bring up and test
What You Get
- A chance to be an early team member and leader of a rapidly growing startup and have an impact on company and technology direction
- The ability to solve challenging problems with a skilled, dedicated and friendly multi-disciplinary team
- A balanced, highly collaborative work environment
- A Hybrid work structure
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage, with 401K, life and disability coverage
- A PTO policy where we encourage and expect all employees to take time to enjoy life outside of work
- The salary range for this position is $135,000- $170,000 plus stock and benefits. Pay within the range is based on candidate experience, job-specific skills, education, and work location.
At Fulfil we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, capabilities, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.