Fulfil is a well-funded, rapidly growing, and inclusive company that has developed a custom automation robotics system to pick and pack online orders of groceries and other consumables, bringing delight and a value proposition to consumers that doesn’t exist today. Additionally, its unique design and technology is purpose-built to solve today’s environmental problems in the world’s food supply chain. Founded by a team with previous startup success and backed by top-tier VCs, we are committed to reducing waste, improving environmental impact, and reducing emissions with truly new technology. Our first commercial product launch with the technology was in summer 2022.
We can’t do it alone -- we’re seeking curious, capable, passionate team members motivated by the opportunity to create lasting impact on the world through their work. This role offers ample growth opportunities while working side-by-side with an impassioned, multi-disciplinary team spanning mechanical design, software, computer vision, systems integration, and ops to design and operationalize world-changing technology.
Fulfil is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then please apply even if you don’t feel you meet all the requirements listed below. We'd love to hear from you.
As a Technical Writer you will develop and maintain internal and external documentation related to Fulfil’s automated equipment. In this role you will work closely with mechanical, electrical, manufacturing and systems engineers and the deployment and operations teams. This role offers ample growth opportunities while working side-by-side with a motivated team to bring our innovative and exciting new technology to reality.
In this role you will:
- Develop company standard documentation procedures and templates, such as work instruction templates
- Write and maintain machine installation, operation, maintenance, and other instructional documents
- Create written and video based training material for external customers
- Translate engineering documents to standard formats for external customers
- Identify improvements in Fulfil’s current build procedures to improve safety or efficiency
- Provide feedback to design engineers towards improving build reliability
What We’re Looking For
- Technical writing experience in hardware projects with knowledge of relevant content development tools
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree, training certificate in Technical Writing, or equivalent professional experience
- Strong attention to detail, strong personal organization, collaboration, and time management skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members (face to face, email or Slack)
- Demonstrated excellence in digital photography
- Ability to be creative and open-minded when approaching problems
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and proven professional attitude toward work assignments, team members, and end users
- Hands on aptitude – willing to be a part of build work that you’re engaged with and experiment, learn and document by going through the process yourself
- Willingness to learn the basics of computer aided design (CAD)
What we’d love to see
- Experience with Solidworks or similar CAD software
- Video development experience
- Experience creating technical specifications for automated manufacturing equipment
- Experience reading and interpreting mechanical drawings
- Not afraid of robots
What You Get
- A chance to be an early team member and leader of a rapidly growing startup and have an impact on company and technology direction
- The ability to solve challenging problems with a skilled, dedicated and friendly multi-disciplinary team
- A balanced, highly collaborative work environment
- A Hybrid work structure
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage, with 401K, life and disability coverage
- A PTO policy where we encourage and expect all employees to take time to enjoy life outside of work
- Discount on groceries from our store
- The salary range for this position is $85,000- $135,000 plus stock and benefits. Pay within the range is based on candidate experience, job-specific skills, education, and work location.
At Fulfil we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.