Electrical Systems Engineer
Fulfil is a well-funded, rapidly growing, and inclusive company that has developed a custom automation robotics system to pick and pack online orders of groceries and other consumables, bringing delight and a value proposition to consumers that doesn’t exist today. Additionally, its unique design and technology is purpose-built to solve today’s environmental problems in the world’s food supply chain. Founded by a team with previous startup success and backed by top-tier VCs, we are committed to reducing waste, improving environmental impact, and reducing emissions with truly new technology. Our first commercial product launch with the technology was in summer 2022.
We can’t do it alone -- we’re seeking curious, capable, passionate team members motivated by the opportunity to create lasting impact on the world through their work. This role offers ample growth opportunities while working side-by-side with an impassioned, multi-disciplinary team spanning mechanical design, software, computer vision, systems integration, and ops to design and operationalize world-changing technology.
Fulfil is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then please apply even if you don’t feel you meet all the requirements listed below. We'd love to hear from you.
The Electrical Systems Engineer will be responsible for transitioning engineered robotic systems into successful operations, focusing on the electrical components of the robotic systems. You will work in a multi-disciplinary team as a hands-on engineer responsible for ensuring the performance successful operations of a wide range of electrical elements in a complex multi-robot system. As a core part of the R&D team, you will assume a great deal of responsibility trouble-shooting issues, identifying root causes and owning resolutions and improvements. The ideal candidate must be able to troubleshoot and understand issues in multiple fields including PCBs, power distribution, communication, electrical actuation and automation, as well as communicate effectively with other teams to ensure robust and repeatable solutions are implemented. This role offers ample growth opportunities while working side-by-side with a motivated team to bring our innovative and exciting new technology to reality.
In this role you will:
- Engineer the transition of Fulfil’s system from prototype to production machines
- Own electrical system success from bring-up to capability testing and production deployment
- Work with design engineers early in the product development cycle to create efficient and effective systems
- Lead efforts in issue identification and analysis, root cause designation, solution development, and resolution validation in order to implement and validate corrective solutions
- Own projects requiring cross-team coordination, project management, resource management, decision making, and effective communication on tight timelines
- Write SOPs for process improvement and system integration for new system deployments
- Quantify and track component performance
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechatronics engineering or similar
- Experience in the operations of robotic systems and mechanisms
- Familiarity testing, debugging and improving electrical systems for the robotics or industrial automation industries
- Experience working with mechatronics hardware and electrical devices (motors, motor drives, sensors, actuators, PCBs, electrical control cabinets, powers supplies, cabling, microcontrollers, SBCs, etc)
- Ability to read engineering schematics and design documents
- Familiarity with electronic test equipment. Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, ect
- Experience applying project management principles
- Hands on aptitude – able to dive in and troubleshoot a variety of system issues across multiple engineering disciplines
- Idea generation and execution
- Desire to work in an incredibly fast paced startup environment
- Cares about the world and wants to have an impact on it
What we’d love to see
- Experience with designing or manufacturing PCBs and/or electrical cabinets
- Experience with mechatronics systems (robotics, control systems, programming languages such as C++, software management tools such as git)
- Experience working with embedded Linux computers and ARM microcontrollers
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards (UL, NEC, IEC, ect)
- Experience in food tech
- Experience managing engineering projects
- Familiarity with engineering tools on both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Some experience assembling and debuggingmechanical parts/assemblies/mechanisms
- Not afraid of robots
What You Get
- A chance to be an early team member and leader of a rapidly growing startup and have an impact on company and technology direction
- The ability to solve challenging problems with a skilled, dedicated and friendly multi-disciplinary team
- A balanced, highly collaborative work environment
- A Hybrid work structure
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage, with 401K, life and disability coverage
- A PTO policy where we encourage and expect all employees to take time to enjoy life outside of work
- Discount on groceries from our store
- The salary range for this position is $95,000- $135,000 plus stock and benefits. Pay within the range is based on candidate experience, job-specific skills, education, and work location.
At Fulfil we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.