Mechanical Systems Engineer
Fulfil is a well-funded, rapidly growing, and inclusive company that has developed a custom automation robotics system to pick and pack online orders of groceries and other consumables, bringing delight and a value proposition to consumers that doesn’t exist today. Additionally, its unique design and technology is purpose-built to solve today’s environmental problems in the world’s food supply chain. Founded by a team with previous startup success and backed by top-tier VCs, we are committed to reducing waste, improving environmental impact, and reducing emissions with truly new technology. Our first commercial product launch with the technology was in summer 2022.
We can’t do it alone -- we’re seeking curious, capable, passionate team members motivated by the opportunity to create lasting impact on the world through their work. This role offers ample growth opportunities while working side-by-side with an impassioned, multi-disciplinary team spanning mechanical design, software, computer vision, systems integration, and ops to design and operationalize world-changing technology.
Fulfil is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then please apply even if you don’t feel you meet all the requirements listed below. We'd love to hear from you.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for transitioning engineered robotic systems into successful operations. You will work in a multi-disciplinary team as a hands-on engineer responsible for ensuring the successful operations of all elements in a complex multi-robot system. As a core part of the R&D team, you will assume a great deal of responsibility trouble-shooting issues, identifying root causes and owning resolutions and improvements. The ideal candidate must be able to troubleshoot and understand issues in multiple fields including robotics, hardware, electronics and automation, as well as communicate effectively with other teams to ensure effective solutions are implemented. This role offers ample growth opportunities while working side-by-side with a motivated team to bring our innovative and exciting new technology to reality.
In this role you will:
- Engineer the transition of Fulfil’s system from prototype to production machines
- Own machine start-up, bring-up and capability testing
- Own equipment early in the product development cycle and perform tasks including issue identification and analysis, root cause designation, solution development, and resolution validation in order to implement and validate corrective solutions
- Leverage wide breadth of engineering knowledge to generate proper solutions to a equally diverse set of problems
- Lead projects requiring cross-team coordination, project management, resource management, decision making, and effective communication on tight timelines
- Write SOPs for process improvements
- Write SOPs for new product implementation to ensure smooth deployment of hundreds of mechanisms in facilities across the country
- Quantify and track machine performance
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar
- Experience in the operations of robotic systems and mechanisms
- Experience working with mechatronics hardware – motors & drives, sensors, actuators, etc.
- Experience applying project management principles
- Hands on aptitude – able to dive in and troubleshoot a variety of system issues across multiple engineering disciplines
- Idea generation and execution
- Desire to work in an incredibly fast paced startup environment
- Cares about the world and wants to have an impact on it
What we’d love to see
- Experience designing and manufacturing parts/assemblies/mechanisms
- Experience with mechatronics systems (robotics, control systems, programming languages such as C++ is a plus)
- Experience with designing, manufacturing or debugging PCBs
- Experience in food tech
- Experience managing engineering projects
- Familiarity with both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Not afraid of robots
What You Get
- A chance to be an early team member and leader of a rapidly growing startup and have an impact on company and technology direction
- The ability to solve challenging problems with a skilled, dedicated and friendly multi-disciplinary team
- A balanced, highly collaborative work environment
- A Hybrid work structure
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage, with 401K, life and disability coverage
- A PTO policy where we encourage and expect all employees to take time to enjoy life outside of work
- Discount on groceries from our store
- The salary range for this position is $95,000- $135,000 plus stock and benefits. Pay within the range is based on candidate experience, job-specific skills, education, and work location.
At Fulfil we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.