Sr. Software Engineer
Fulfil is a well-funded, rapidly growing, and inclusive company that has developed a custom automation robotics system to pick and pack online orders of groceries and other consumables, bringing delight and a value proposition to consumers that doesn’t exist today. Additionally, its unique design and technology is purpose-built to solve today’s environmental problems in the world’s food supply chain. Founded by a team with previous startup success and backed by top-tier VCs, we are committed to reducing waste, improving environmental impact, and reducing emissions with truly new technology. Our first commercial product launch with the technology was in summer 2022.
We can’t do it alone -- we’re seeking curious, capable, passionate team members motivated by the opportunity to create lasting impact on the world through their work. This role offers ample growth opportunities while working side-by-side with an impassioned, multi-disciplinary team spanning mechanical design, software, computer vision, systems integration, and ops to design and operationalize world-changing technology.
Fulfil is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then please apply even if you don’t feel you meet all the requirements listed below. We'd love to hear from you.
The Sr. Software Engineer will work as part of our Automation Controls team to develop software which controls and monitors large, designed-in-house robotic systems. This includes designing data systems to facilitate real world interactions, synchronizing data across multiple layers of the software stack, handling mid and high-level system commands, developing high-level control algorithms, and managing software communication. Candidates must have experience working with large code bases and strong software fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
Familiarity with electromechanical systems is not required. While this is not a low-level firmware role, candidates must be comfortable learning on the job and excited by the chance to do some hands-on work in testing their code with hardware systems.
Ability to work hybrid on-site in the Bay Area is strongly preferred, but fully remote work is possible for an exceptional candidate.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar
- 5+ years experience designing software systems, with a strong grasp on architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling
- Experience working with databases such as MongoDB and MySQL and data modeling
- Experience in C, C++ or C#, including multi-threaded and low-latency applications
- Experience working with software communication, TCP/IP, HTTP and REST
- Experience with developing microservices and using gRPC
- Experience in version control and unit testing
- Ability to independently generate and implement creative ideas
- Team player, ready to learn and work in a fast-paced startup environment
What we’d love to see
- Experience with .NET Framework, C#, Visual Studio
- Experience in programming robot behavior such as HFSM or Behavior Trees
- Understanding of robotics concepts like motor drive controllers, sensors, finite state machines, PID control
- Experience with hardware-interfacing Linux systems
- Mission driven with a care for local and global communities, and desire to make an impact through technology
- Not afraid of robots
What You Get
- A chance to be an early member of a hyper-growth startup with equity to match
- Ability to solve complex problems with a world-class team
- A low-ego company culture that is obsessed with feedback and helping each other grow
- Hybrid work structure that allows you to choose when and where you get your best work done
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, with 401K, life and disability coverage as well
- Generous paid time off (PTO) - and we mean it!
- The salary range for this position is $120,000- $160,000 plus stock and benefits. Pay within the range is based on candidate experience, job-specific skills, education, and work location
At Fulfil we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, capabilities, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.