Software Engineering Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2019
Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof. We are scaling our engineering team and looking for world-class engineers with experience and expertise in building scalable software solutions for real-world problems. As an early member of our engineering team, you’ll have a key role in building the future of healthcare from first principles.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
Health Moves Forward [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
The Pivot to Virtual Care [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work on products that not only directly improve, but actually save people’s lives.
- Build systems that make healthcare what it should be; seamless, effective, and personalized.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders from our clinical and operational employees to the members we serve.
- Grow and support a team of incredibly talented and mission-driven engineers.
- Make the time and space to look up and anticipate not just the near term technical and organizational challenges, but also those further down the road.
- Work with peers who challenge you to be your best and who support you along the way.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Impact - You’re deeply driven to work on challenges that leave the world a fundamentally better place.
- Leadership - You embody the true meaning of a leader within your team and across orgs. Your title doesn’t define your actions or influence.
- Execution - You and your team are always working on and delivering the most important challenges with a high technical bar, and have the data to back it up.
- Trust & Empathy - You build deep relationships, and do what’s best for both the company and the individuals around you.
- BS or MS in computer science or a related field
- a minimum of 5 years experience working in a related field
- a minimum of 2 years experience as an engineering manager
The base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000-$220,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.
See more open positions at Forward
Something looks off?