Primary Care Physician
Posted on Tuesday, August 6, 2019
Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof.
As a Primary Care Physician, you’ll play a key role in rebuilding our country’s most important and most broken industry from first principles. You will be on the clinical front-lines ensuring that we are delivering a world class experience that will allow us to scale.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Health Moves Forward [CEO Blog Post]
Forward Health Launched CarePods [Tech Crunch]
Forward is redesigning primary care from first principles. Forward’s mission is to utilize advanced technology to make the best primary care accessible to everyone. We’re tackling the fundamental problems of cost and access to care and aiming to make healthcare more preventive and proactive. With a dedicated care team to support you and automation of administrative work, our doctors focus on what matters most – caring for our members. We build deep relationships with people that allow us to make a bigger impact on their health.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide high quality patient-centered, comprehensive primary care services in a concierge style model
- Participate in the selection of a suitable treatment plan for all patients
- Supervise other medical staff to ensure the care team is providing appropriate care in accordance with their duties and obligations
- Be proactive in ensuring adequate follow up of patients and their concerns (will be facilitated greatly by our technology and workflow tools)
- Provide continuous availability for medical and technical questions to the employees, patient care staff and ancillary care providers including limited after-hours coverage
- Actively participate in the development of new technology and protocols to improve patient care and outcomes
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, nurses, health coaches and medical assistants
WHO YOU ARE:
- Board certified with professional clinical experience in internal medicine or family practice
- Motivated to provide high quality patient-centered care
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
This is an exceptional opportunity for a strong physician to be a leader in implementing a brand new model of care which serves the larger mission of empowering patients through technology and ensuring that they never feel lost in a complicated healthcare system.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $185,000-$270,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
Why Join Forward?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.