Central Operations & Strategy Lead
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2021
Forward is on a bold mission to make high-quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software, and doctors under one roof.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs, including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
"Health Moves Forward" [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
“The Pivot to Virtual Care” [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
As a Senior Operator on our Central Operations team, you’ll have a key role in rebuilding our country’s most important and most broken industry from first principles. You’ll lead key operational programs to move key business metrics and drive cross-functional initiatives that enable Forward to deliver high quality, accessible care. This role is ideal for someone who wants to work on high-impact opportunities at a mission-driven company.
- Support the strategy, planning, and execution for member retention
- Drive metric initiatives and performance across multiple operational programs
- Work with cross functional teams of product managers, designers, doctors, 3rd party providers, and other operators to build truly world class experiences around our clinical programs.
- Challenge yourself working on a massive scope (many of our experiences could have been their own startup - we built our own telemedicine services, innovated the exam room experience, and created our own sensors and services for preventative care).
- Build processes and infrastructure that allows us to operationalize new products and services more efficiently.
- Impact-driven. You care about your impact upon the world. That means more building and less talking as you’re working toward something that has a chance to change people’s lives.
- Analytical. You have a strong analytical foundation and are comfortable with leading our vision.
- Entrepreneurial. You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end and are capable of wearing multiple hats. You are just as comfortable debating strategy at 10K feet as you are getting into the nitty gritty details to ensure the success of a project.
- User-obsessed. You are deeply empathetic, constantly putting yourself in the shoes of our members.
- A Problem Solver. You've solved ambiguous and analytically complex problems, and are always looking for a new challenge.
- Process-oriented. You have exceptional organizational skills and enjoy building scalable operational processes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience in operations, product or engineering
- 2+ years experience managing in a fast-paced setting
- Experience managing to KPIs and driving strategy and execution to move metrics
- Experience diving into complex systems to surface issues and evangelize solving them
- STEM degrees preferred
- Startup experience and roles that heavily interfaced with product
The base salary range for this full-time position is $75,000-$220,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.
See more open positions at Forward
Something looks off?